iv. Champion... Quartet?

Start from the beginning

Still, the buzz about the Tri-Wizard Tournament only made Lucy even more excited. She'd had many Beauxbatons students come up and congratulate her for being picked - some she didn't even know, which she found quite amusing.

It was a chilly morning when a Hogwarts student had arrived at the Beauxbatons carriage, nervously explaining to Lucy's teacher she was needed. The teacher had reluctantly let her go, much to the blonde's delight - she hated Transfiguration. Lucy flashed a smile at her three friends, who watched her leave, before creasing her eyebrows at the young Hogwarts student with curiosity.

"Why do they need me?" she asked. The boy flinched - he was too frightened to make conversation with someone from another school.

"I- uh," he began.

"I don't bite," she said playfully. He smiled at her sheepishly.

"I don't know e-exactly," he stammered, looking up at the tall girl as they walked across the grounds. Lucy shivered as the cold air pierced her skin. She certainly wasn't used to this chilly British weather, compared to the humid atmosphere at Beauxbatons.

"They said something about pictures..."

"Pictures," Lucy repeated. "Interesting,"

Once they'd arrived at where the champions were told to be, Lucy thanked the younger student politely, and he'd nodded, before scurrying off. The girl crossed her arms as she looked around, already noticing that two other champions were here.

They were to wait in a fairly small classroom, and the desks had been pushed away to the back of the room, leaving a large space in the middle. Three of them, however, had been placed end to end in front of the blackboard, covered with a long length of velvet.

"This seems cosy," Lucy said, walking over to Cedric and Krum who had been mid conversation. She dropped her bag on the floor next to the other two, and scanned the room once more. Five chairs had been set behind the velvet covered desks, Ludo Bagman sitting in one of them speaking to a woman Lucy had never seen before, wearing green robes.

"We meet again," Cedric greeted her with a smile.

"What are we doing here, exactly?" Lucy questioned.

"They want photos for the Daily Prophet,"

"The Daily what-what?"

"Daily Prophet," Cedric repeated, his grin growing wider at the girl's baffled expression. "It's one the newspapers we get over here,"

"Oh!"

There was a short silence. Lucy's eye caught a paunchy man holding a long black camera which was smoking slightly watching her subtly. She shifted uncomfortably, turning back to Cedric and Krum, trying to think of a conversation starter.

An echo of a student shouting 'Potter Stinks' in reference to some badges the Hogwarts students had made in support of Cedric sounded, and the boy with the yellow tie sighed. Lucy raised an eyebrow at him questionably.

"I'm just gonna tell you, because I don't want you thinking the wrong thing," he said. "I asked them to stop wearing them, I don't have anything to do with them,"

"Did you, though?" Lucy smirked.

"Really! I'm not like that-"

"Relax, Diggory, I was teasing," the blonde laughed. Cedric's tense expression softened.

"Ha, ha," he said, playfully rolling his eyes.

The doors opened yet again, and a gloomy Harry Potter strolled in. Bagman spotted him and leapt up quickly, bounding forwards.