Part One - Defendant

*** DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

-

Part One - Defendant

Wang Yibo woke up to his phone buzzing nonstop, but he didn't have the energy, much more the will to pick up. It was not even that long ago since he was left alone in his home. Was it last night? Or yesterday or the day before? Wang Yibo isn't too sure. He had been asleep for most of it - it had been quite hectic and disastrous the past few days.

Just when he thought that he had dealt with the downside of being one of the top stars in the industry, the recent event is something no one can just brush under a rug and it will be all done. No matter if you're an influential figure in society or not.

No one can escape this. It might even be the end of his career - no, scratch that. It will be the end. It will be the end of everything he has worked so far.

To be caught in a scandal of this magnitude, the kind that does not only concerns the entertainment industry but the whole illegal network of drug trafficking and the death of two of his closest friends.

Wang Yibo didn't even have the time and energy to mourn for the two older brothers that lost their lives that night. For the past few days, he was detained in a secured place wherein he was interrogated nonstop about the incident he knows nothing about. The investigators were adamant that he was involved and somehow in possession of all evidence that proved him guilty.

All that they needed from him was a confession.

But Wang Yibo has nothing to confess.

Yet, what can he do, really? The families of those two friends that died were not only wealthy but also very influential in the line of law enforcement and the government altogether. So, Wang Yibo can only guess how the families wanted quick proceedings on the trial, so they can get over the scandal brought upon their families' reputation. Those two friends, after all, died in possession of a vast amount of drugs.

But Wang Yibo highly doubted that finding. He may not hang out a lot with those two brothers as frequently as he did prior to his surge of popularity, but he knew those two were the most reluctant in using drugs compared to the rest of the crew. It is unlikely for them two, most especially, to be dealing with drugs.

So, if the evidence of Wang Yibo being involved is surfacing enough to send him to court and prison down the line, it is also likely that the drugs could have been planted as well. For what intention, he doesn't know.

But then, who is going to listen to him, anyway? When he couldn't even provide an answer to the most procedural inquiry, what or who is your alibi?