ZeLink: Starry Starry Night

Comenzar desde el principio

"Remember, Hero, that you only get the pleasure of such for a limited amount of time," I replied, sheathing my blade beginning to walk toward the weaponry to stow away my weapon and armor. "I'll eventually beat you, just as I did a few days ago in archery."

Link rolled his eyes and smiled. "That's what you would like to believe, Princess. But remember, I've been using swords since I was ten, and you, on the other hand, have only known for about a month. Seeing the gap between skill, My Lady?"

"There is a difference in having skill in numbers of years, Sir Link, and having natural talent," I smiled as I took the armor from my body, my sweat drenched tunic beginning to dry now exposed to air. "In this case, I have more talent than you do."

Link laughed aloud as he heard this, tapping his booted foot. My Lady, I hate to break it to you, but I didn't even wear armor during our little exercise, and look, I've hardly broken a sweat."

"The sweat probably dried as you were showing off with all those fancy moves," I replied. "Besides, it takes more energy to move in armor than it does without, or have you forgotten, Sir Link? I was able to keep up with you while I was wearing armor, which means that I must be faster." I had Link beaten this time for sure!

"How do you know I wasn't going easy on you, Highness?" Link asked, the annoying smirk taking up his features again. This time the anger came.

Darn, the man had me beaten! Was he taking it easy on me, or going all out on me? I would never know, only Link would. It's an incredible day when the bearer of the Triforce of Courage defeats the wielder of the Triforce of Wisdom in a battle of cheeky remarks. Link usually doesn't display such... wisdom.

Link had watched as my normally pale face turned a very dark red. He had bent over to take a closer look at my face, totally unprepared for what I would do next.

I grabbed up my sword and lashed out at him with the ferocity of a lion, cutting his green tunic cleanly in two as he jumped back to get within a safe length of my blade.

A stunned and scared expression overtook Link's features as he looked at me, my chest heaving and my face angry. Usually I was the picture of calm and composed behavior, but now I looked as though I was ready to take on an army of a thousand and win.

"Princess, curb your anger!" Link yelped, dodging even more strikes as I unleashed my fury upon him. The poor man had no sword to defend himself with, only leaving him the option to dodge my strikes. He couldn't hit me with his fists since Link had a strict policy which he abided by to never use hand to hand combat on women. Well, fighting a woman with a sword isn't much better, is it?

"Stop being an arrogant, sneaky, low little-," I began, anger flashing through my eyes. I was cut off as Link tripped me on his boot and pinned me to the ground.

"I am not an arrogant, sneaky, low little whatever-you-were-going-to-call-me. Calm yourself, Highness, and regain your sense and realize what you are doing," Link said softly, looking into my fierce purple eyes.

For a moment he held my gaze in his gentle blue, and instantly my anger was calmed and I relaxed under his grip. We stayed in the position for a while when Link suddenly turned a bright cherry red.

It was then that I realized that we were in a very awkward position. He was on top of me, his arms pinning my own down, his legs straddling me to keep me from getting up. Indeed, if anyone had seen us this way, it would have meant major gossip about the castle and a stern talking to from my father.

In an instant Link was up and off me, looking anywhere but at me as I pulled myself to my feet, a bright red as well. His blonde bangs obscured his eyes from my own as I slowly regained my senses.