she paused, smiling the tiniest bit. "nothing, just," she smiled as she looked back out the window. "last night, i think we kissed. made out, actually." she told, looking back towards him with a pinky toned face. he chuckled. "we were drunk, i'm sorry about it." he apologized.

she kissed his cheek before standing up and walking to the door. she stopped, not turning around. "don't be. it was good." she told, chewing on her lip as she walked out. jacob jumped up with joy, giving himself a pat on the back. "yes!" he whispered to himself. then he saw meg standing at the doorframe.

"what's with the victory dance?" she asked. jacob stopped what he was doing, sliding his hands in his front pockets. "won another twitter argument." he lied, casually walking to the window, taking a look outside. "don't think i don't know what you did. everyone knows. except for your family and your pretty little teddy bear." she warned him, referring to luci. jacob furrowed his eyebrows, turning to face her.

"what on earth are you talking about, meg?" he questioned, genuinely confused. then, meg's name got called from downstairs. she gave an evil glare before going to whomever called for her. "coming!" she yelled as her footsteps grew faint and distant.

lucille walked into the kitchen where some of the adults were talking, having a glass of wine. the stressed girl walked up to them and grabbed an empty glass. "can i try some? thanks." she asked, pouring herself a glass of the dark red liquid without getting a reply. she took it to the lounge, sitting on the couch with the glass in her hand as she put some music in her airpods. she took a sip, cringing at the bitterness, yet growing used to it after a couple more small sips.

she got a text. from jacob.

maybe : Jacob Thrombey
p

rincess? really?

Luci Lilac
y

our words, not mine;)

name changed to "Jake From State Farm"

Jake From State Farm
r

eal funny, Lilac

Luci Lilac
i

know:)

Jake From State Farm
y

ou down to get ice cream later?

Luci Lilac
p

robably

"excuse me, miss cabrera?" a man called, gathering her full attention. she looked up from her phone, raising a brow. "can we borrow you for a few questions? probably wont be long." he claimed, making lucille nod and finish the wine, placing the glass on a coaster. she stood up, walking inside the room. "wine? aren't you a bit young."

"don't pretend like you didn't want to try new things when you were my age, sir." she sassed, lazily plopping on a seat. "feisty, aren't we?" the man sitting by the piano asked, chuckling. lucille furrowed her brows. "who's he?" she asked.

"as i was just going to say," the man who escorted her began, clearing his throat. "i am lieutenant elliot, this fine young man next to me is trooper wagner." he introduced, pointing to the man next to him. he looked to be in his thirties.

"okay, now who is that?" she questioned, pointing to the mysterious man who keeps pressing the keys on the piano. lieutenant elliot sighed. "ah, yes, right. that over there is benoit blanc." he said, as 'benoit blanc' flashed a quick smile. lucille rolled her eyes, sitting back into the seat. "is it alright if we ask some questions?" he asked.

"that's why we're in here, isn't it?" she scoffed, having him clear his throat again. "well, yes. and if you don't mind, we will need to record this conversation." he told her, putting a small tape recorder on the table between them. "knock yourself out." she permitted, looking to the side.

"alright, let's begin, miss cabrera, with a couple unrelated questions about you, shall we?"

word count : 1105 words