"moron." she mumbled, walking to the windowsill. she dragged the caps down on the pointy edge, making them pop off onto the floor. she smiled, handing jacob one of the bottles, clinking them together. "cheers, newbie." he said, having her smile as they took a sip. jacob cringed at first at the odd taste, but as he tasted it more, he ended up not completely disliking it.

jacob ended up convincing lucille to grab more from downstairs. she came back up with four. it was a bit easier since they knew everyone was probably asleep. it was pretty late after all. and with that, they each had three full bottles of the beer in total. they were tipsy at one and a half, and drunken at three. "i'm warning you, we're gonna have major hangovers in the morning, so try your best at hiding it." lucille giggled, making jacob groan.

they watched on my block on luci's laptop to keep themselves calm. they were talking over the movie. "okay okay, would you rather be carol baskin's child, or joe exotic's tiger?" she asked, having jacob scrunch his face up. "neither, they both suck at existing." he replied, making them both break into a fit of laughter. they stared at each other and luci saw him start to slowly lean in.

we're drunk, she thought. she attached her lips to his. he pulled back for a moment, processing the moment he just had. lucille was about to apologize when jacob smiled and smashed his lips onto hers. they melted into it, moving their mouths in sync as they danced. lucille's drunk self decided to lick his bottom lip, asking for entrance of which he accepted. yeah. they were making out. and it was just a coincidence that cesar and monse were also making out in the show.

it went on for a few minutes when they finally pulled away. they wiped their mouths and laughed before jacob crawled under her covers. they fell asleep next to each other, as their backs were touching. "jacob?" lucille mumbled. his head peered up. he hummed as he waited for her to finish her question. "will you.. maybe.. uh, cuddle me?" she asked.

jacob quietly turned towards her and made himself the big spoon. she felt his hot breath in the crook of her neck as he rubbed her arm gently with his thumb. she found his presence soothing. they both drifted into a slumber. the morning seemed to come quickly. actually it was exactly noon. lucille hadn't dreamt about anything. it seemed like she just closed her eyes and it was the next day.

she opened her eyes to find herself wrapped in jacob's arms, who was still asleep. her eyes widened as she sat up, lifting the quilt up. clothes are still on, she thought, thats a relief. she got out of bed, letting jacob sleep more. her head was pounding. she knew who always had advil or tylenol. she yawned, walking downstairs to find her sister.

she accidentally bumped into meg. "afternoon, sleeping beauty." she joked, giggling. her expression dimmed down when luci didn't show any feeling at all. except for tired. and maybe a bit of pain. yeah, definitely some pain in there. "have you seen marta?" lucille asked. meg furrowed her brows. "i was just about to ask the same thing. walt told me she left last night." meg explained.

lucille groaned, sitting at the table, resting her chin on her palm. "i wish she would have told me, i really need some pain killers." she whined, making meg chuckle.

"alright," meg sighed. "what'd you do?" she questioned. lucille shushed her and grabbed her fist, pulling her into an empty room. "whisper!" she demanded, giggling. "okay, so, last night, jacob and i got some alcohol from down here. it was his first time actually drinking, so i did it with him. we got drunk, and i'm pretty sure we made out, and then cuddled and fell asleep." she explained. meg raised an eyebrow.

"just cuddled?"

"i'm sensitive, you would have heard a few moans, trust me." lucille assured her. "and also, i'm a virgin."

"so is jacob, i think"

"yeah i know, it's obvious."

then fran walked into the room. "good afternoon, i suppose everyone woke up late today. i can finally make some breakfast." she joked. the two girls laughed along. fran asked lucille if she needed anything. "yeah, water, and painkillers if you have any, i have a massive headache." she told. fran nodded. "of course, darling, just let me deliver harlan's breakfast." she said, having luci nod and thank her.

lucille walked into her room, seeing that jacob was still asleep. she picked out her outfit for the day and changed into it. it was nothing extremely fancy. just a creme coloured cropped, satin tank top with straps so thin they just looked like weird pieces of yarn. she paired the top with a matching skirt with a slit on the side. it went just above her knees. she put on a distressed denim jacket. it was oversized and she had one side slightly off her shoulder, showing the skin. she had her hair in a low ponytail with some strands hanging out.

her makeup was casual, but she had winged eyeliner. she was applying lip gloss when she heard the scream, causing her to jump and rush to where she heard it. it was fran in harlan's room with the game board. lucille didn't know the name of it, but even if she did, she would have forgotten it from what she was staring at.

she stood behind fran in shock. it was harlan. he slit his throat on the couch he laid on, the knife still in his hand. luci covered her mouth. fran turned towards her. "lucille, call 911 and call your sister." she ordered. lucille was frozen. she couldn't move. "please!" fran yelled, snapping lucille out of it as she nodded, running back to her room. she found her phone next to her toothbrush, unlocking it and dialing 911.

within three rings they answered. "911, what's your emergency?" the operator spoke. lucille couldn't find the words to say. she couldn't cry either, her makeup took too long to waste. "hello?" the woman repeated.

lucille cleared her throat. "uh, suicide, there's been a suicide."

word count : 1620 words