Chapter 4: Welcome to Wayne Manor

Start from the beginning

"So Bruce told me you are staying with us? How did that happen?" her face lit up and she shrugged her shoulders. She stopped walking.

"Is it ok if we stop by the Apple store on our way back? I need to buy a new phone." he knit his eyebrows.

"What's wrong with the one you have to get back from your classmates?" she sighed.

"It's very likely that the screen is now cracked and all my information is gone. As I told Mr. Wayne. It's happened before." they continued out to the car.

"Hi Miss Marinette! Master Wayne said that you will be staying with us for the time being." she smiled and nodded.

"Is it alright if we make a stop to the Apple store? I have money, and I need to buy a new phone since I lost mine. I don't trust my class." Alfred had a strange look on his face and he nodded and they were off. Tim hopped out of the car after Marinette, and they walked in. It was one of the corporate stores so it was pretty big.

"Wow, I've never been in an apple store before. Bruce has Wayne Enterprise tech for us but this place is super cool!" she giggled and walked over to one of the front desk.

"iphone SE second generation please, thank you." The man walked back and returned with a bag.

"That is $400 right now. Anything else Miss?" she nodded.

"Do you have an ATM machine?" he nodded and pointed to the old machine in the corner. She's been saving up from commisions and jobs for years so she had a rather large sum of money in there. She wasn't worried about the cost. Tim looked over her shoulder, curious and his eyes bugged out of his head. How did a 16 year old girl have so much money saved up? She laughed. "Tim, I see you. I have a lot of money saved up from commisions. I had more, but Max and Lila went in and-, nothing." She stopped right there which Tim thought was strange, but he said nothing.

"400 you say? Yes, I'm paying in cash. Sir, I'm not using a credit card. Yes, cash." she mentally rolled her eyes at the cashier. She does not want to use credit or debit because it could easily be traced back to her. "Can I have a recipt please? Thank you." Tim opened the door for her, and they got back in the car.

"I trust you have everything you need Miss Marinette?" she smiled.

"Yes Alfred, thank you." She felt her arm tingle. She rolled up her sleeves and the writing said, 'you are not stupid'. She made a look at the writing and Tim looked over.

"That almost looks like Damian's handwriting. I think it is. Huh" he and Alfred smiled to themselves the whole way home. They arrived to the doors, and Tim tried to help her with her luggage and she declined. She only had three bags. She looked inside and Tim flipped on the lightswitch to the foyer. It was very bright inside.

"Wow. It's very bright in here." Tim laughed and nodded.

"Miss Marinette, may I lead you up to your room?" he picked up her bags and went. It seems he wasn't asking permission. A blonde girl almost ran into Alfred.

"Sorry Alfred, Tim's home and I was hoping we could-," she didn't get the chance to finish. He knew what was coming.

"No Miss Brown." she pouted.

"You don't even know what it is!" he held his gaze.

"Does it have to do with compressed glitter?"

"OF COURSE IT DOES."

"Then absoloutley not." He picked up Marinette's bags and kept walking. "I apologize. There are many kids here and they all make messes. No doubt they will still do the compressed glitter." she smiled.