So Glad It's Cold

If the cave was one thing, it was not warm. In fact, it was positively freezing with the mixture of damp earth and cold stone. (Y/n) should've been used to conditions like this, but she had had to leave behind some of the blankets behind, leaving her with one measly scrap of fabric to protect her against the biting wind. Her face was numb, and her teeth were chattering. Kili was sleeping soundly next to her, face buried in his folded up cloak that served as a pillow.

Sighing, (Y/n) rolled over and found herself staring into the eyes of a certain blonde dwarf.

"Bit cold?" He whispered.

"N-no." Unfortunately, it's difficult to sound convincing when your teeth are chattering so hard it feels like they're going to break out of your face.

Fili nodded sarcastically.

"Right." He wriggled around for a moment, before pulling half of his thick, woollen blanket over (Y/n). They were chest to chest now, and the master assassin could feel the dwarven prince's hot breath on her neck.

"Any better?" He asked, laying his arm over her side and pulling her even closer to his warm embrace. Breathing in his scent (leather and ash; it was surprisingly comforting), (Y/n) nodded and muttered a thank you.

They fell asleep like that, curled into each other, until a grinning Kili shook them awake.

"It's about time." Sighed Dwalin as he walked past, pulling on his cloak. (Y/n) blushed slightly and Fili smiled, before pulling her into a hug and kissing her nose.

"I thought so too."