↳ 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐕

Começar do início

The first two words alone were enough to make the demon fall to his knees. His hands trembling as he held the letter with extra care. Frightful of the thought of tearing it in even the smallest manner.

'I hope you and everyone else are doing well without me. I do apologize for not being able to come but I am not allowed to.'

'No...don't be sad, it's okay [F/n], it isn't your fault....it never is'

Of course Rui knew his words were never going to reach her, especially if he was only thinking them. But still it made him feel better to try and pretend he was talking to her.

The letter, despite being freezing cold, still felt warm to him. Almost as if it was her hand that he was holding instead of a simple piece of paper with ink on it. Like the girl was sitting in front of him and speaking these words to him. 

'I am doing fine over here. I've been having to take the lives of more, so I am growing in strength just like you. I hope that makes you happy, to know that you and I are growing together'

The words were able to quickly hit him where it hurt. The word 'together' had a special effect on the male. Making him both happy and yet full of sorrow and rage at the same time. Sure she had said they were still doing things together and yet they were so far apart.

Growing with her was always a nice feeling. Getting praised by her was wonderful by having to do so through a paper just wasn't the same. And he knew that he wasn't going to get one everyday either. He'd just need to wait until she wrote him again, another part of being away from him that he utterly despised.

'I am to be the caretaker of Muzan's daughter. I'm currently living with him and his 'wife' who happens to be human. He claims it's a good disguise for us'

'A human wife and daughter...a family bond. But it isn't like mine, not at all'

Rui reminded himself. Having wishful thinking that sometime in the future, he could marry and while still being the youngest brother. Of course he'd need to find a wife for his brother and a husband for his sister before then.

If he did so then his family would be even bigger. There'd be more people there to create a bond with. Though he still wanted [F/n] to be there before he did anything like that. She had do be.

'I do not know when the next time I will see you is, but please be strong Rui. Everyone in the family is following after you. I want to be able to see you again'

The demon had no clue what to make of her words. 'I want to be able to see you again' made it sound as if there were a chance she wouldn't. Whether it be from Muzan not allowing her to or the girl believing that Rui would die he wouldn't let any of those things happen.

She was meant to be here and be with the family. She was meant to be by his side like she had told him she would be when they first met. He couldn't go on living out the rest of his demon days if she was to never see him again.