Episode One : Someone You Loved

A/NRated MA warning will be marked as R-18. Proceed with caution.  #WOWY1 

 ************************

I need somebody to heal, somebody to know

Somebody to have, somebody to hold

It's easy to say, but it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain...

~ Lewis Capaldi ~

 ************************

"Hvala," Billy thanked the man who helped her with her luggage as she got off the bus. She let her eyes roam around the foreign, yet familiar surroundings. "Hello, Dubrovnik! Matagal-tagal din tayong hindi nagkita," she said to no one in particular. It was a beautiful, late Sunday afternoon, and if she wasn't so drained, she would've enjoyed the view more.

It had been a long and tiring day of traveling. She spent almost 14 hours on a plane from Manila to Istanbul. Then a connecting flight from Istanbul to Zagreb, that's another two hours or so. Then another flight from Zagreb to Dubrovnik that added another hour to her travel time.

She was exhausted and hungry. Between the traveling and the time difference, her head felt like it was about to explode. All she wanted to do was relax and unwind, and hopefully, sleep on a proper bed. Luckily, the bus ride from the airport to the city proper was her last stop. Her final destination lies only a couple of miles from where she was.

She sighed when she heard her stomach grumble. "First things first..." she said, tapping her tummy. Fortunately, she was still familiar with the most parts of Dubrovnik. She easily found a nearby restaurant to eat. She went inside and ordered. She then went to the ladies room to freshen up while she waited for her food.

"Naku naman kasi, Belinda," she said, as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Bakit ba kasi ni-reject mo yung suggestion ni Anna na gamitin na lang yung private jet ng VillariCorp? Eh di sana, hindi ka napagod nang ganito. Mas relaxed sana yung biyahe mo. Direct flight, hindi na palipat-lipat ng eroplano. Tuloy, tingnan mo nga 'yang itsura mo. Haggard na haggard ka!" She scrubbed her her face clean, tamed her hair and fixed her clothes, before returning to her table, where her order was waiting for her.

She was so hungry, she almost inhaled her food. She checked her messages while she ate. The first one she opened was from Tita Jess.

Jessica :

Belinda, are you okay? Did you find him? Let me know if you need anything.

The answer to that will have to wait, Tita, Billy thought. She decided to just text her back later instead. She scrolled down to read the next one. It was an email from the corporate lawyer.

Atty. Vergara :

Belinda,

Just a reminder. I need to set an appointment with you. You still need to be briefed. The corporate board election is in a couple of weeks. I cannot stress enough how badly you need a new strategy.

Oo na nga! Ang kulit mo! Para namang hindi ko alam yon! Billy growled in frustration. She quickly messaged her best and oldest friend.

Billy :

Sputnik, pakisabi nga d'yan kay Atty. Vergara to set an appointment na lang with Anna. Pero, wag mong sasabihin kung nasa'n ako, ha? Secret lang natin 'tong trip na 'to. Basta, sabihin mo na lang, nag-spa retreat ako out of town, and that I don't want to be disturbed.