~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 ~

Start from the beginning

Lina crinkled her eyebrows and turned the letter over but there was nothing on the other side. Really five lines, after weeks of waiting for a letter this was all she got and he was coming to England which wasn't a smart decision in the slightest.

Knowing there was no way she was going to be able to fall back asleep, Lina got up from bed, Demeter immediately claiming the pillow for herself and stuffed the letter hidden away in her trunk and got dressed. Lina still has an hour until she was needed at the hospital wing, so after giving Demeter an affectionate scratch behind the ear she left her common room for the great hall for an early breakfast.

The great hall was mostly empty bar a few early risers, Lina guessed that they were up to start homework early and then at the Hufflepuff table Cedric was sat alone eating cereal.

"Hey," Lina said startling Cedric as she opposite him. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Prefect duty" Cedric grumbled, he looked half asleep and kept blinking each longer than the last.

Lina noticed this and poured pumpkin juice into a goblet and slid it over to him "here."

"Thanks," he said taking a long drink "why are you up so early, I thought you didn't have hospital duty for another hour or so."

"Demeter woke me up with a little present," Lina said loading food onto her plate, she decided to eat as much as she possibly could as she wasn't sure when or if she'd get time to eat.

"A mouse?" Cedric asked.

"No a letter" Lina replied, Cedric, looked at her with an eyebrow raised "I know."

"Who was it from?"

"Dad, finally. He didn't say much but he's heading back this way" Cedric's eyes widened "hmmm, I don't know when he'll be back or where he's going to go exactly, maybe back to mine but then again he does have Buckbeak with him and it isn't exactly easy to hide a Hippogriff" Lina puffed out her cheeks and ran a hand through her hair.

"Eve-"

"I know, you're going to tell me he's a grown man he knows what he's going, he'll be fine."

"I was going to say if he's anything like you-"

"Hey!" Liam said and gently kicked his leg under the table.

"Then he's incredibly smart" Cedric finished with a cheeky smile.

"Sure," Lina said and rolled her eyes.

Cedric refilled his goblet and then poured some pumpkin juice in a separate goblet for Lina. "When you're done at the hospital I'll meet you," he said.

"Great but I don't know what time I'm finishing though" Lina warned.

"I'll wait" Cedric shrugged.

"Well thanks," Lina said with a smile.

"It's alright, gotta spend as much time with you as I can this year."

"Why because you're leaving this year?"

"Yeah and because of the Triwizard Tournament."

"Oh yeah...that," Lina said slouching slightly.

"What?" Cedric asked.

"Nothing."

"What is it?"

"It's nothing."

"Eve."

"Ced."

"Eve."

"What?

"You can't keep this up all day."

"Watch me," Lina said crossing her arms, in a your move stance.

Cedric groaned "you're impossible."

"You love me," Lina said leaving closer to him.

Cedric didn't hesitate and mimicked her, moving closer so they were only an inch apart "hmmm maybe I do but if you don't tell me-"

"You'll leave me!" Lina dramatically gasped and leaned back "no!"

Cedric shrugged "it's all up to you."

"Er fine," she said and sat back normal, she knew he was joking but she also knew Cedric wouldn't leave her alone until she told him what was bothering her.

"So..."

Lina made a face and puffed out her cheeks "I'm just worried about the Tournament" she gave him a small smile "I have this feeling everything is going to change this year."

"Like what?"

"I'm not sure, it's just a feeling, probably doesn't mean anything, I'm probably just worried about you."

"Me? Why?"

"Because I know you're going to enter the Tournament and I know it's dangerous, even if it's highly unlikely something will happen you and I'm scared of-"

"Losing me, you're scared of losing me" Cedric realised, his eyes widened slightly and he subconsciously leaned forward closer to Lina.

"I'm always scared of losing you" She shyly admitted, "I've gotten to this point now in my life where I've had you for so long I just can't imagine you not being here...with me."

Cedric reached over and grabbed Lina's hand, he brought her hand to his lips and kissed her palm "Eve, I'm never going to leave you, I love you too much for that and no Tournament is going to change that. Alright? I'm going to be by your side for life - including taking you to the hospital wing for your first shift. You ready?"

"Yeah, yeah I am."

***

In Lina's opinion, her shift went really well, she was early for starters which made Madam pomfret happy and she hadn't messed up once. Lina was there for the whole day when lunch rolled around she was able to get lunch before going back to the hospital.

She assisted Madam Pomfrey throughout the day, helping with paperwork and organising the supply cupboard. There weren't many students who came into the wing that Saturday but when they did it wasn't for anything serious, a bleeding nose or arm. One student did come in with a broken nose which Madam Pomfrey fixed with ease, Lina watched closely as she did.

When the day was over Madam Pomfrey told Lina to study the spell she used to fix the students broken nose, so the next time a student broke a bone Lina would be able to fix it.

And of course, as she left the wind feeling happy with her, Cedric was there waiting to walk her back to the Hufflepuff common room.