~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 ~

Start from the beginning

Several girls from Hufflepuff began to cry but Lina, her eyes hadn't moved away from the spider, the cries of her dad she heard when the Dementors were near and the face of the Death Eater fresh in her mind.

"Quick and easy but very unpleasant," Moody said, "you have to have a real something to successfully cast that spell, there are no counter curses, no way to block it and only one person has been known to survive it and we all know about him."

No way to block it, no counter Curse. Her mum never stood a chance, Lina thought but the worse part her mum only died months before Harry destroyed Voldemort. If Pettigrew would have kept his mouth shut Lina might still have a mother, and Harry parents. Lina never gave much thought about how her mother died, she never wanted to know, who would? But seeing the killing Curse in front of her made Lina think, had the Death Eaters or even Voldemort himself tortured Marlene or any other member of her family beforehand or had she just seen green light before nothing. Did she try and fight back, why had she not Apparated away?

The thought stayed with Lina throughout the lesson as she and the rest of the class copies notes down about the curses until the lesson was over. As Lina packed away her things and mumbled incoherent answers to what the twins were saying Professor Moody's voice rang over the crowd. "A word Miss Black."

Lina halted, she looked at the twins in desperation, maybe they could do something to get her out but they shrugged at her helplessly and left. "Thanks a lot" Lina mumbled and puffed out her cheeks, slowly approaching Moody's desk. "Is there something wrong Professor Moody?" She asked.

"I saw the wash you acted with the Killing Curse," the said in a gruff voice and gestured for Lina to sit in the free seat opposite, Lina did "your mother?"

"Yeah" Lina mumbled and played with the hem of her skirt.

"Marlene McKinnon, she was a great witch. I was there when she died. Terrible waste. She had great potential" he then mumbled something inaudible to Lina and reached into a draw pulling out a book holding  it out to her he said, "McGonagall told me you're particularly good at wandless magic?"

"Yes, I'm still learning though" Lina replied and took the book, it was a book on wandless magic, although unlike the one she had bought a couple of years ago this one held much harder spells.

"Something you could do with, if you have power it's your job to make sure you're as powerful as you can get. Understand?"

"Yes sir" Lina nodded.

"Good, dismisses Black."

Lina shoved the book into her bag and stood up "thank you Professor" Lina gave him a small smile and walked as quickly as possible without running out the classroom.

The book stayed in her mind as she raced through the castle back to her common room eager to read what was inside.

***

On Saturday Lina woke up earlier than she would have like to Demeter pawing her chest "what'd you want?" Lina mumbled trying to push her cat off of her but instead felt something that felt oddly like paper "what?" She reluctantly opened her eyes. Demeter was now sat on her chest a letter in her mouth "what are you a dog now?"

Lina took the letter but wasn't fully awake to recognise the handwriting, she opened the letter as Demeter meowed "oh and don't make this a habit bringing me things, I don't want to wake up one morning and find a dead rat on my bed, well one dead rat but that's beside the point."

Angel,
I'm heading back north, things are changing and I want to be closer when if things get bad.
I'm fine by the way, missing you and wishing things were different, hopefully, I'll be able to see you soon.
I love and miss you
Padfoot.

Honey & Spice {Cedric Diggory} Under editingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara