Chapter 5-Whirlwind of Emotions

Začít od začátku

"Thanks" I mumbled, trying not to look her in the eye. I made another 5 desserts and we all sat down at a table. 

"Can we go shopping, or actually do something after this? Totally not in the mood to go home" Gemma complained. 

"Chels and I are going home. Long day today" Daniel smirked. 

"Yes, 'lying in bed' takes a lot out of you" Gemma teased, putting air quotes around lying in bed. 

"You know me" He nudged her making her giggle. I saw Chelsea tense up, but she didn't know the relationship between the Adams and Jones family. Yes, Gemma and Daniel dated. And of course, I'm madly and completely in love with Charlie, but our families are practically family. We know every embarrassing story about one another, we can joke around without it causing a huge fight, we can do anything a normal family could do with each other. 

The couple got up and left the 4 of us alone. 

"Let's go to a bar" Tyler suggested. 

"I'm not really in the mood to" Charlie said. 

"Oh come on! Don't be a pussy! Just come on" Tyler said standing up and throwing away his half eaten dessert. Charlie huffed and my fists tightened. How dare he talk to her like that. 

Charlie POV

Harry has been acting awkwardly distant from me. In dinner he barley said a word, pushing his food around his plate and sometimes popping it into his mouth. On the walk into town, he kept his distance from me. His eyes never met mine this whole night and he mumbles answers back to the questions I asked. 

Something was up.. 

We walked into a small boutique, Gemma's pick after we all convinced Tyler to skip the bar tonight. Tyler went off into the men's section followed by Harry and Gemma came with me. 

"Is it just me, or is Harry acting weird?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the rack of clothes I was looking through. 

"Yeah. I was thinking about that, actually. He does seem a little off" She admitted. I nodded and acted as if I wasn't thinking about it. But I was. And I was determined to see what was wrong with my best friend. 

I saw Harry bolt over to the elevator that brought us to the second floor of the shop. I followed behind, just making it into the enclosed lift before the doors shut behind me. 

"Hi" I smiled. 

"Mmm" Harry mummbled. 

"Whats up?" i asked, making the second floors light light up. 

"Nothing" Harry said, bleakly. 

"That sounds like fun" He just gave me a small and weak smile. 

"Ok what the fuck is wrong with you?" I snapped. 

"I don't know what you're talking about" Harry said, stepping towards the doors that just dinged, letting us know that our floor was coming. 

"Harry, you damn well know what I'm talking about! Ever since we got here, you barely said a word to me. You won't look me in the eye, you won't stand close to me! What do I smell bad?" I asked, keeping a straight and stern face plastered on my usual calm and relaxed face. 

"I really don't want to talk about this Charlotte" 

"Charlotte... really Harry?" I asked. 

"Why aren't these fucking doors opening?" Harry shouted, banging on them. 

"Harry, talk to me" I said pulling on his wrist. 

"Fucking great" He mumbled. It was silent for a while then Harry turned towards me, "Tyler is going to be a hero and open those doors in a matter of seconds" He said.