Chapter 5: Danger

Start from the beginning

"Came to life," Nate said stunned, "does that mean you came out of the game?"

"No, I and the other planeswalkers existed long before your game, it came to life because of me," Bolas boasted.

"But, why are you human?" Sam asked.

"A side effect of your plane," Nicol Bolas sighed.

"So... what do you want?" Amy asked cautiously.

"I've been looking for soldiers to join my planeswalker army and under my guidance, we will conquer the multiverse. I've been keeping an especially close eye on you Nate," Bolas continued.

"Me, why me?" Nate asked panicked, unable to comprehend that everything that was happening was real.

"Your skills are incredible, I've been watching you for almost a month now and you continue to impress me. I want you to be my second in command, and the rest of you will be welcome into the ranks as well," Bolas offered.

There was complete silence in the room and no one dared to move. This lasted for several minutes until Nate finally spoke up.

"No way! Last time you lead an army you killed Domri and he was one of your servants!"

This shook the rest of the room out of their daze and while some were afraid they would die, others were ready to join Nate and his friends for a fight.

"Pitty," Nicol Bolas sighed, "I had suspected you would put up resistance but I wanted to see if you would join me first. Oh well."

"I'll join you!" Nate and his friends turned around and saw Sam standing, deck in hand as if he were preparing for a match.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Nate asked him.

"I'm winning," Sam said flatly, "with Nicol Bolas' help I might finally be able to beat you."

"Sam, this is a bad idea!" Mr. Decker said raising his voice, "get back here now!"

"Silence weakling!" Bolas snapped, "Sam is making a very wise chose in joining me. Will anyone follow his example?"

"No! I won't let you take my students!" Mr. Decker yelled slamming his hand on his desk and standing up all in the same movement, "Now leave before I make you!" no one had ever seen Mr. Decker like this before and it scared them. They knew he was seeing red and focused on Bolas.

"There is no way you could possibly defeat me," Bolas said chuckling to himself, "Now who is coming with us?"

"Bolas, I challenge you to a match!" Mr. Decker screamed, "if you want my students you'll have to kill me first!"

Nicol Bolas smiled wickedly, "As you wish human, but let's go somewhere a bit more spacious. This room is far too small for a proper match."

"The football field should have enough room," Sam suggested.

"Excellent," Bolas cooed, "shall we?"

Bolas and his entourage turned around and headed for the field. Mr. Decker grabbed his deck box and followed, never loosing the look of pure hatred that he was wearing. The highschoolers weren't far behind, completely silent. On the field, Nicol Bolas stood at the in zone and Mr. Decker stood at the 30 yard line ready to fight while all of the students sat in the bleachers.

"Let's begin," Bolas said raising his left arm in front of him. On it was a gauntlet with three slots on top of it, one had a deck but the others were empty, "minion, give my opponent a gauntlet so he can 'play' too."

One of the eternals shambled forward with a large burlap sack until he go to where Mr. Decker was standing. The eternal opened the bag and reached inside, the bag was full of gauntlets, and handed one to Mr. Decker.