𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘀

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Okay. I'll come by tomorro-"

"No. Not tomorrow. Now."

"What?" Symere asks confused and looks over to the clock that's hanging on the wall. "Jordan, it's 7 pm."

"Maybe I don't want to talk tomorrow."

He's playing with him again. And Symere hates himself for giving Jordan that kind of power over him.

Only one last time. I'm not doing this because of Jordan, I'm doing this for solving the case, Symere tries to tell himself.

Everyone in his position would take the opportunity, right? Even Rakim wouldn't miss this chance, right? He would be stupid if he said No...right?

"I'm on my way."

"Good." Although he can't see him, he knows that Jordan is smiling. "I can't wait, angel."

_____________________________

One hour later, Symere is walking through the dark hallways of the penitentiary again. He already lost count how often he's been here for the past few days.

He's following the guard to Jordan's cell. At the entrance, he had to sign a paper that said he won't sue the prison if anything happens to him tonight because at this time, there's way less staff there and they can't have one guard stay outside the cell the whole time.

Symere feels anxious. It's the first time he will be totally alone with Jordan. In a closed room. With no one to help him.

The guard takes a key out of his pocket and opens the cell.

It's a small room. There's only a bed, a little nightstand and a sink and toilet in the corner. The walls are empty except for a poster of Michael Jordan. Not a single window. The only source of light is a dimly lit lamp that's throwing shadows on the wall.

Jordan is laying on his bed and reading a book. He's wearing a t-shirt and a pair of black trackpants with the prison logo embroidered on them.

His head lifts up when he notices Symere and the guard entering his room and he sits up.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone now because I have to watch another inmate that's apparently trying to stab someone with a knife in block B. Should I put handcuffs on him?" the guard asks.

Symere's and Jordan's eyes meet. The taller one is raising his eyebrow expectantly as if he's asking Symere wether he trusts him.

"No" Symere says with a firm voice, not breaking the eye contact for one second. He's not scared of Jordan.

The guard nods and turns around. He closes the door behind himself and leaves the two on their own.

Symere looks around the room to search for a place to sit down on. Jordan pats on the mattress and since the only other option would be to sit on the toilet, Symere has no other choice than to follow his invite.

He takes a seat next to Jordan but tries to create enough space between them so their bodies don't touch.

"I honestly didn't expect you to come" Jordan says and chuckles softly.