"You think that's why I'm here? No, no Nini. I always believed in you... in us. Even if I sucked at showing it. That's why I'm here."

I started to walk away as the script said, and I heard Josh say the final line. "I don't not love you," he whispered.

"That was excellent!" Tim was standing up and clapping. I felt a weight of stress being lifted off my shoulders. "Could you guys sing something together? To see how your voices sound?" Tim asked, looking between the two of us. And that weight is back, but it felt so much heavier.

I looked at him blankly. "Uh, sure." I look over at Josh and he's rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hold on," he says and leaves the room. He comes back in a second with a guitar. I recognize it from one of the other girls in the waiting room. That's gonna be awkward in a minute.

"Great, you can use that room right there," Tim says while pointing. Josh and I walked into the little office and closed the door.

"You were really great out there. Tim hasn't had me sing with anyone else yet, so I think you're making a good impression," Josh compliments me. I'm not sure what to say.

"Uh, thanks Joshy," I say with a small smile. Wait, what did I just call him? "Nerves are still high though." Why did I say that?

"You should've seen me before my audition. I was an absolute wreck," he chuckles. He really is adorable. I need to stop these thoughts. "Also, I like the name... Livvy."

I'm standing there awkwardly, and he's tuning the guitar when he looks up and speaks again. "Do you know 'Count On Me' by Bruno Mars?" he asks.

"Uh, a little. Not much though," I answer. There was one other person in the room, yet I still was having trouble forming words.

"Don't worry, we'll go through it a couple times first." Josh starts singing the first part, and I'm blown away by his voice. No wonder he's Ricky. We quickly sing the chorus a few times before leaving the office.

"Are you two ready?" Tim asks as we walk back into the audition room.

"Yeah," Josh and I say at the same time. We quickly look at each other before laughing at ourselves.

"Ok, blow us away," Tim says as he sits down.

Josh starts singing, and I'm once again taken away.

Joshua
We begin singing, and I'll admit she's really good. I think Tim really likes her too since he asked us to sing together. We keep looking at each other throughout the song. I know she's nervous, but while she's singing it doesn't show. I definitely think she's gonna be our Nini. She's kinda cute when she's nervous. Nope, I'm not going down that road.

When we finished singing, Tim was giving us a standing ovation. "I think you guys did really really well. Olivia, you'll hear from us in a week or so," he said, shaking her hand.

"Thank you," she said while smiling.

"Here, I'll walk you out. I have to return this anyway," I said holding up the guitar and walking behind her to the door.

"Oh my god, you're back! I felt like I've been sitting in this chair for years!" a girl says to Olivia as she goes up to hug her.

"Here's your guitar back. Sorry by the way," I tell a girl on the opposite side of the room.

"No worries," she says with a smile. I walk back up Olivia to tell her goodbye.

"Again, you did really great in there. I think you have a pretty high chance here." I whispered the last part quietly.

"Thanks, Joshy. You have a really nice voice. I swear I've seen you somewhere before," she says to me.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. Anyways, Livvy, hope you get the part. I'll hopefully see you soon," I say as I turn away to go back into the audition room.

"Hey Josh, just about another hour of this then you can leave, ok?" Tim tells me when I sit back down.

"Great..." I say like I've just died inside. I'm gonna need more coffee.

Olivia
"Who was that?" Madison asks me once we get to her car.

"Who was who?" I ask cluelessly.

"The curly-haired boy that was complimenting you and called you 'Livvy'," she says.

"Josh?" I ask.

"Sure, I don't know what his name is, so I'm talking about the only boy out of that room full of girls."

"He was who I did my audition with. He's already been cast as Ricky," I answer her.

"He's kinda cute, right?" she asked me.

"I guess, why?"

"Because you were blushing the entire time he was giving you compliments. Plus, you've already given him a nickname," she says. I can feel the heat rising in my cheeks.

"Huh?" I ask, playing dumb.

"Does someone have a crush?" she asks in a sing-song voice

"What are you talking about? I have a boyfriend already," I counter.

"Fine, but you can't deny that he's cute." I just roll my eyes at her comment.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I won't say it out loud, but I'm excited to have the potential to work with him. My heart is beating out of my chest.

🍪🍪🍪

I started this story at 3am. Writing at night is a curse, but it's when I have my best ideas

Sorry if what I write doesn't make sense, I have no idea how auditions work.  I want to try and include as many real-life events as possible. For example, I recently found out (it's currently May 28 at 2:30am as I'm writing this note) that Olivia really did sing 'Price Tag' for her audition.

I didn't know how to include the fact that Josh used one of her friend's guitars, so this was the best I could think of.

I didn't want to do a 'love at first sight' type of thing, but I did want them to acknowledge the other person. Is that a good way to approach this? I always thought it was so rushed when they instantly like each other from the audition room in other stories. Sorry if this is boring, but I wanted to take it a little slower.

I really want to see their audition video along with the whole casts'