#52 : Want You Back

Start from the beginning

Gemma pulled the sleeve of Harry's shirt, forcing him to pull a chair and join them. Inevitably, Harry obeyed. Harry pulled a chair nearby and sat on Gemma's right side, next to Abigail and Karlie who were still staring at Harry with a look of admiration.

"What do you want to order?" Gemma asked at Harry. Harry shook his head.

"I'm not hungry." Harry answered flatly. Gemma rolled her eyes.

"What about some french fries?" Gemma reached for one of the plates of french fires on the table and handed it to Harry.

"It's mine, but you can eat it." Gemma said. Harry sighed and leaned his back against the back of the chair. Harry folded his arms over his chest, trying to remain calm, even though he knew that a there was a turmoil forming inside of him when he saw the girl who was trying to ignore him.

Suddenly, a grin appeared on Harry's lips. Harry affixed his eyes on Taylor this time, and he didn't care if he was being obvious or not.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends, Gems?" Harry asked with a hint of playfulness in his tone. Gemma stopped eating and nodded.

"Ah, yes, how could I forget? The redhead girl next to you is Abigail." Harry turned his gaze to Abigail and Abigail smiled kindly at him. Harry thinly smiled back.

"I'm Karlie." Karlie immediately stretched out her hand in front of Harry which made Harry take her hand, he shook it slowly while saying, "I saw you on stage yesterday. You looked beautiful and elegant." Harry's words made Karlie's cheeks flush into a bright shade of red.

"And the last but not the least, this is–"

Gemma was just about to introduce Taylor to Harry when Taylor got to her feet, staring at Gemma, Abigail and Karlie quickly while saying, "I'm sorry, I just realized that I have to make a few important calls. I'll be back as soon as possible, I'm sorry."

And then, Taylor hurriedly walked outside the cafe. Gemma, Karlie, Abigail and Harry looked at Taylor while she was quickly walking away.

Suddenly, Harry rose to his feet as well.

"I'll be right back." Harry said adding a small grin at the end, before stepping out of the cafe, leaving Gemma, Karlie and Abigail who were looking at him confusedly.

But, a moment later, the three girls ignored the oddity.

━━

Harry reached outside the cafe quickly and his eyes immediately swept around, until he found the person he was looking for. A grin reappeared on his lips, before slowly approaching someone who was standing a few feet from him, with a phone in pressed on her ear.

"Yes, I understand. You can email me the data. I'll just check it later when I get back to the hotel."

Harry placed his hand inside his pocket while looking closely at Taylor. The girl's voice didn't change at all, it was still the same. Her voice is still soft and smooth, just like what Harry remembered when Taylor sang her song for Harry at the theme park one year ago. Her voice sounded like an angel's voice for Harry.

But Taylor physically changed. Taylor is really pretty, now. Much prettier than before, even though she was beautiful from birth. Her long hair has been replaced by shoulder length short hair, which looks very soft to the touch. Her posture is also getting better and the way she dresses makes Harry want to stare at her even more. She was good at mixing and matching clothes. In fact, Harry thought that Taylor didn't really care about clothes, but he guessed that in the span of one year, that clearly changed.

Today, Taylor is wearing a plain grey shirt with black shorts that really showed her beautiful long and lean legs.

"All right, thanks. Have a good day." Taylor sighed and ended the call.

Her supervisor in the family restaurant just called her. The supervisor was about to show the report that he had made for Taylor, but unfortunately, Taylor wasn't there at the moment, so that's why Taylor said to email the report to her.

Taylor placed her phone back into the pocket of her shorts before turning around and immediately froze to see who was standing in front of her.

"Hey," Harry greeted with a smirk on his face. Taylor held her breath. What the hell? Why did Harry had to follow her? Taylor wasn't prepared to face him yet, or rather, this wasn't how Taylor imagined to meet Harry again.

"What do you want?" Taylor ventured to ask in a haughty tone.

"Just to say hello to you, of course." Harry answered in a mocking tone.

Taylor paused for a moment, squinting before calmly perhaps saying, "Is that all? If that's what you only want to say, then I'll go back inside the cafe if you don't mind."

Taylor walked forward, and as she about to pass Harry, Harry's hand quickly caught her arm. Making Taylor stop her tracks and she briefly closed her eyes for a moment. Harry's touch still had that same effect to Taylor, and it hadn't changed the slightest even a year has passed.

"No, that's not what I only want to say. You l-left me." Harry said as he lowered his head. His hands were still gripping Taylor's arm and Taylor didn't had the urge to pull her arm away from his grip. Taylor closed her eyes and sighed.

"I know."

"But you promised not to leave me."

"Did I?"

"You still owe me." Harry suddenly said flatly, not knowing why he just said that. Everything was just flowing out from his mouth.

Taylor, who initially had her head hung low began to tilt her head and open her eyes.

Taylor turned to Harry, who was still looking down, said, "Weren't you informed that I've already transferred the money I owe you to your account? My debt has been paid off."

Harry raised his face and looked at Taylor with narrowed eyes.

"No, it's not that. You can't leave me." Harry shook his head, with a face that was difficult to decipher. Taylor sighed and with the use of her free hand, she removed Harry's sturdy grip from her arm. Harry's hand just fell on his right side.

"Haven't I already left you? How can you be so sure that I won't  leave you again?" Taylor asked sarcastically.

"I'll give you everything and anything." Harry replied almost confidently. Taylor shook her head and lowered her head again.

"I don't need anything from you." Taylor replied.

"But I want you to stay here." Harry pleaded.

"And I need to go back to Nashville. I'm sorry, Harry." Taylor replied at Harry's words which made Harry go quiet. Taylor waited for Harry to utter more words, until finally, Taylor decided to end their conversation.

"If you don't mind, I'll be continuing my breakfast."

Without asking for Harry's approval, Taylor stepped away and walked away from Harry. However, Taylor's steps came to a halt when she heard Harry's voice calling her name.

"Taylor." Taylor closed briefly her eyes once more, and swallowed thickly.

"What do you want from me, Harry?" Taylor said as she sighed tiredly at him.

"What do I want?" Harry grunted back with a huff.

"I want you back, Taylor."