Chapter 4: Change

Start from the beginning

"I play an island and end my turn."

"I will also play and island. Then for a blue and three others, I will summon a scholar of the stars and since I control an artifact, I get to draw a card," the scholar was the same size as the stormkin, but she had a book in her hand. "Then I will tap my pyxis and we both exile the top card of our library face down," when Nate tapped the pyxis, the opening began to glow a faint yellow light for about three seconds then faded, "I end my turn"

"I play and island and end my turn."

"Mana flood?"

"Mana flood."

"I play an island. Then for three of any I summon a skittering surveyor," the little spider robot formed on top of the card, it's telescope-head extending and shrinking a few times, "I get to search my deck for a basic land card... right on the bottom. I will tap my pyxis and then for two of any I tap my millstone and you put the top two cards of your deck into your graveyard. I end my turn." the pyxis and millstone did their respective actions when they were tapped.

"I'll play an island, then for a blue and four others I will summon a boreal elemental and end my turn." instead of the creature rising out of the card like the others did, some mist swirled above the card and solidified into ice, giving the elemental shape until it was completely formed. "That was cool."

"I'll play an island, then for a blue and one other, I will summon a diligent excavator," the excavator rose out of the card with a magnifying glass in her hand, looking at a stone before she put them into the bag hanging at her side, "Then for one blue, I cast arcane flight on my scholar," when Nate put the enchantment onto his scholar of the stars, he grew blue feathered wings made out of energy. The scholar then flapped his wings once and rose up so he was floating just above the card, "Wow, I will then send my scholar, surveyor, and assistant to attack."

"My stormkin will block your assistant, my elemental will block your scholar, and I take one damage." everyone watched in pure fascination as the creatures struck each other and fell dead, all except for the elemental which dispersed into a lingering cloud of frigid mist, the bodies of the physical creatures disappeared when their corresponding cards were put into the graveyard and the cloud of mist fully dispersed as well. "So all I got left on my field is my stormkin."

"I then pay two and tap my pyxis and millstone. Then I end my turn."

"I will play a mountain and end my turn."

"Yes! I will play an island then for one of any, I will put a fountain of renewal on the field," a fountain as wide as the card and three inches tall rose out of the card, "Then my excavator's ability activates and the top two cards of your deck go into your graveyard," the excavator pulled a shovel out of her bag and shook it twice at Sam, putting the shovel away afterwards, "Then for two of any I tap my pyxis and millstone. I end my turn."

"Ugh, I play a mountain and end my turn."

"To start, fountain of renewal activates and I gain one life," the water in the fountain started to glow for a few seconds then faded away, "For six of any, I summon a pardic wanderer," a giant stone hand shot up out of the card zombie style and pulled the rest of the seven inch tall construct out with it, "I played an artifact, so your top two cards go away. Then I tap my pyxis and end my turn."

"I play an island and end my turn"

"First my fountain activates, then for two of any I put the Blackblade reforged onto the field," when the card was put onto the table, an anvil with shards of mettle rose out of the card a humanoid figure that seemed to be made out of stardust appeared holding a hammer, the figure then swung its hammer and hit the anvil three times and disappeared, revealing a fully formed Blackblade, "my excavator's ability activates, next I have my wanderer and surveyor attack."