The One with John B's Tumble

Start from the beginning

"Really?" JJ coughed, breaking the awkward silence. 

"I just don't wanna spook Sarah with the peanut gallery," John B held up his hands in surrender.

Rosie cringed as Kie finally burst, "I just don't understand why we're involving her at all!"

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?"

She shot him an incredulous look.

"It's--it's just, uh, like a--a business meeting...thing."

JJ mocked deep throating the joint he'd pulled out. Rosie sighed, but didn't say anything. 

"Look," John B continued, sensing the awkwardness, "Once we get what we need, we cut her loose, alright? Plus, we need the map."

"Promise me nothing's happening between you."

Rosie's eyes widened in curiosity of what John B was going to say. Pope and JJ subconciously leaned closer, dying to hear his answer as well.

"Nothing is happening, Kie," he mocked her.

Rosie, JJ, and Pope all cringed.

"I'm being serious."

"Okay!" he shot her a look. Her glare deepend, and Rosie shrunk even further into her seat, wishing she'd chosen a different spot where she wasn't between the two.

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her," Kie's face softened, "Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys."

"I promise."

Rosie squeezed her eyes shut but didn't say anything. While John B could be telling the truth, there was also a large possibility he wasn't, which would make it even worse if Kie found out he was macking on Sarah.

"That was really believable," JJ piped up, filling the awkward silence.

Pope joined in, "100% believable."

Rosie coughed but nodded along as Kie was watching all of them.

"Anyways, I'm gonna take care of business," John B hopped out of the van. 

"You're gonna take care of that business so well," JJ nodded.

"We'll just sit here in the hot ass car. While there's lightning," Pope spoke at the same time.

John B shut the door behind him and set off towards the Hawk's Nest. Rosie frowned at the sour look on Kie's face. 

"Remember, I'll beat him up," Rosie whispered with a hopeful grin.

Kie smiled slightly, but it quickly returned to a frown. Rosie sighed--at least she tried.

"I need a smoke," Rosie commanded Pope and JJ's attention. She raised her eyebrows expectantly at JJ. The blond rolled his eyes but handed her the joint he'd been toying with and tossed over his lighter. 

Rosie placed the joint between her lips and used her left hand to light it. She tossed back the lighter and brought her fingers up to hold the joint. Rosie could feel JJ's gaze on her as she hollowed her cheeks and took a deep drag. She threw her head back and held in the smoke for a while before forming an 'O' with her mouth and blowing it out in rings. Rosie didn't look down as she handed the joint back to JJ. She let the lightheadedness take over. Her mind was already beginning to cloud as she'd taken a huge drag.

"You guys are unbelievable," Kie muttered as JJ blew out his own cloud of smoke, filling the van with the pungent smell of his weird cousin's pot mix.