𝗰𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘀...

Start from the beginning

"Nothing. Just the mailbox" he sighs.

"Let's try it again in an hour or so" Symere says. "We should go eat something in the meantime. I'm starving."

Rakim agrees and they leave for the cafeteria.

They're both eating their lunch in peace when Symere notices someone nearing their table he really doesn't want to see.

He rolls his eyes and Rakim turns around to look at who Symere is looking at and lets out an annoyed groan too as soon as he spots Rich.

"Don't even try to talk to us or I'm gonna beat your ass."

Rich laughs mockingly but stays at a safe distance. He's way too intimidated by Rakim to come closer. "Did you hear the news? The boss is thinking about giving the case to us because you two morons can't manage to solve it."

"YOU are calling ME a moron?" Rakim chuckles. "You can't even-"

Symere stops listening because the vibrating phone in his jeans is taking up all his attention.

He puts his fork down, fishes it out of his pocket and stares at the screen.

                    +1 (404) 635-5100
                            Atlanta, GA

                   ⏰                                   💬
          Remind me                  Message

        🚫                                   📞
              Decline                          Accept

Symere knows this number. It's the same one he dialed a few days ago when he called the penitentiary to talk to Jordan.

He wants to take the call. It's just a very bad timing.

Instead of hitting decline, he waits until it stops vibrating.

Rakim somehow managed to make Rich go away and turns back around now.

"This nigga is a different level of stupid" he huffs and stabs his knife into the steak on his plate.

Symere chews and nods in agreement when suddenly his phone starts vibrating again.

He quickly presses decline this time and puts it back into his pocket.

Rakim looks at him confused. "Why are you not taking it?"

Symere tries to come up with an excuse. "It's just my mom. She always calls me accidentally."

"It could be an emergency" Rakim says frowning but Symere waves it off.

"It's all good, believe me."

Rakim shrugs and continues to massacre his steak.

_____________________________

Twenty minutes later, they're sitting back in Rakim's room and trying to call McCollum for the fourth time now.