First day of Class

Start from the beginning

"What?!" She looked horrified.

"Calm down, Mione." Harry quickly said. "House Elves have a symbiotic lifestyle. They cannot access and use their magic like other Magical Creatures can and need to bind themselves to either a Magical, a Magical family or even a Magical building that can help siphon off and stabilize their magic. If they do not find something to bond to, their magic builds and acts like a cancer that targets their magical cores and kills them slowly and painfully. Some are treated very nicely and have a wonderful place to call their own, like here at Hogwarts, but some are treated really badly like slaves. Freeing Elves can ultimately kill them, but I'm sure they would like to get paid for their services, but that is something the adults have to talk about and agree on, we're only kids we can't do that just yet."

"Okay... I'm not happy about the not being paid part, but if it's something they need to live, then okay, I guess I can try and learn more before I make a snap decision." She said, feeling better. "Is there anything else?"

"How about a mandatory study session where we trade stories and traditions that we know or have learned growing up?" Blaise reasoned. "This way we don't accidentally insult or offend each other, Blood Feuds have been started for less."

Hermione looked like she wanted to ask, but by this point breakfast was in full swing and while the group had been talking, no one had noticed that they were the center of attention until 3 of the four Heads of House were looming behind their respective students.

"I see you are all getting along well with one of my little Ravens!" The Charms professor and Head of Ravenclaw chirped, smiling as he handed the bushy haired girl her schedule, looking very proud.

"Yes sir." Harry told him, with a shy smile at the man who was even shorter than he was.

"Very good, do take care of my little Pup as well as Filius' Raven." the Herbology professor ordered softly, handing Neville his schedule as she pet his head affectionately. She was like a mother badger making sure her pup was safe before leaving to finish handing out the schedules.

Severus handed out his own schedules as he loomed over his Snakes, "My Snakes are fiercely loyal to those they claim as theirs, should you ever need aid, ask one of them for it. Now I expect all of you on time for potions, I will not tolerate tardiness or foolery in my classroom." He warned before he subtly rubbed Tom's head and slipped back to the Slytherin table to deliver the rest of the schedules.

"I have Herbology second and Transfiguration first." Harry stated as he looked his schedule over, the others quickly doing the same.

"So do we." Draco and the others noted.

"Ravenclaw too..." Hermione noted as she looked on Pansy's schedule to see that all their classes matched up. "In fact we share all classes."

"Hufflepuff too..." Neville murmured as Blaise compared theirs as well. "It makes sense since we were born during the height and rapid fall of the war... we are the smallest class in Hogwarts history, but we're also the most famous lot. We are all going to be in the same classes for the next 7 years, minus a few electives and AP classes."

"Looks like it." Tom noted as he frowned slightly. "This means we will have to deal with Gryffindors in every class and will have to exercise restraint should they start anything... this House Rivalry is ridiculous..."

"What do you mean?" Harry and Mione asked.

"Supposedly Slytherin only wanted Pureblood Magicals who were dark inclined to attend Hogwarts, the others were against that and Gryffindor went out of his way to have only Muggleborn or Halfbloods in his house and all light inclined. Ever since the rivalry has existed. The Houses try to one up one another, but at the same time prove which was better, Light or Dark. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw normally kept the peace as best they could." He told them, rolling his eyes softly as he ate the last of his breakfast, feeling much better. "Thanks for the suggestion of iron rich meals."