Chapter 9: Mitsuri And Le Snek

Start from the beginning

"No, actually. I came here for a mission, since I haven't been active lately. But after the mission, I would love to try some treats with you Kanroji-san!" She hummed happily, squishing your cheeks. "She's so cute and squishy~ Ahhhh! I can't help myself!

"Kyaaa! Kawasaki-chan, you can call me Mitsuri-chan, alright?" You grinned happily. "And you can call me Y/N-chan!" You tilted your head as Mitsuri ate some onigiri. "Hey, don't you have missions though?" She shook her head, rice sticking to her cheek. "Nope! It's my day off from my last mission. It was tough~" She whined while you chuckled at her childish behavior as she pulled you to a ramen stand.

===

As night came, you lingered around the outskirts of the village that had less wisteria. Kanroji had just made her way out of the village, returning to her estate. You hopped onto a tree, closing your eyes. The world was now fully black but flames appeared, representing the souls of people.

You sensed a deformed soul, a rapid swirling fire in the distance. Screams were heard and you opened your eyes in shock, your body subconsciously leaping towards the direction of the sound. As you made your way there, you sensed the soul of a girl not older than you and a familiar one. "Mitsuri!!"

===

Your senses brought you to a cave as you witnessed distressed screaming and hissing. You stealthily made your way to the cave. It was filled with a strange green slime and a couple of rotting corpses here and there.

"Someone! Help me! Help us!" Another scream came before a slapping sound and a hiss was heard. Clenching your hand, you peek over the boulder you were hiding behind. An unconscious Mitsuri and a black haired girl was in the tight grip of a demon. The demon's skin was sickly pale and her bottom half resembled a snake's. Her eyes were yellow with black slits and she was tracing her hand over the girl's cheek.

"All of you think you're so sweet and so cute.. Disgusting, I'm the only one, only me! ONLY ME! BUT EVERYONE KEEPS CALLING ME A MONSTER, MAYBE IF I EAT YOU, I'LL BE EVEN MORE PRETTY THAN NORMAL. YES YES! YOU WITH THE BLACK HAIR, I WANT YOUR EYES~ YOUR EYES ARE SO PRETTY~" The demon screeched out, her raspy voice hurting your ears. "And this one~ Her hair is rather ugly but she has such a nice and curvy body~ UGH, UGH~! SHE WAS SO STRONG, I HAD TO KNOCK HER OUT! WHAT A FREAK, WHAT A FREAK~!"

Anger bubbled inside of you. How dare you insult your friend? She's not a freak, she's the most kindest and sweetest person you know. You slammed your fist into the boulder, making it crack under pressure. "Hiss~ Oh? Someone's here~" The demon neared, it's tail slamming into the boulder. You jumped up just in time, avoiding the attack.

"Another girl, huh~ Hahahaaa~! You have such a pretty face and your body isn't bad either~" She grinned, showing off her fangs. The ravenette glanced at you before screaming for help. The demon tightened her grip, making the girl wheeze and pass out.

"Let go of them both, or I'll have to make you." A menacing aura surrounded you while the demon just chuckled. "Let's make a deal then~ Hiss~" You raised an eyebrow at her as she loosened her grip on the girls.

"If you let me eat you, I'll release these two and they can run home free~ If you refuse, I'll eat all of you. What do you say~? Hiss~" You glanced at Mitsuri who slowly opened her eyes before you gestured for her to be silent. "I'll take it."

"Hiss~ I'll place them right over here, if you even try to escape, I'll kill you all, alright~?" Keeping her word, she placed Mitsuri and the girl onto the wall near the cave entrance. The snake then slithered to grab you, her tail darting towards your head to instantly kill you.