✰✰✰✰

"Don't let it get in your head. Three of them, two of us. That's typical kook shit right there." JJ said bouncing around a lemon while leaning up against the counter next to where Emery was sitting

Hell, yeah." Kie said.

"What was your thought process in using your head?" JJ asked.

"You used your head?" Emery asked laughing.

"I'm not the one who has a concussion." Pope shot back making Emery shut up quickly. She turned her head away to look at JJ and shot him a joking pouty look. JJ shot her back a pout, but it didn't stay long before they both broke out in a smile. "I don't know man. I just kinda acted off instinct. I was a cornered animal." Pope defended.

"Hey Pope. Someone's here to see you." Heyward yelled out.

"Who'd ever want to see you?" Emery laughed jumping off the counter. Emery was turned towards JJ who gave her a soft bump to turn around. She gave him a confused look, but quickly turned around and softly gasped seeing and officer walking in.

"Evening officer." Pope cooly said. JJ wrapped an arm around Emery's waist. She was very worried that Officer Shoupe knew what Pope did and was going to arrest him, but tried to push the thought away even though she knew that was what was happening.

"I have an arrest warrant for destruction of property. Hands where I can see 'em" Officer Shoupe said walking over to Pope. Pope turned around with a worried expression to look JJ in the eyes.

"Woah, Shoupe. What'd he do?" Heyward asked.

"Look at the warrant." Officer Shoupe blankly stated.

"Sorry, you're arresting him?" Kie asked. Emery felt stuck and she had no control over her body. Pope didn't deserve jail, he worked so hard for what he was soon going to have and this would ruin it.

"You can't just arrest him!" Emery yelled finally snapping out of it.

"You're just gonna arrest my boy?" Heyward asked still no idea what happened.

"Hey!" Kie yelled.

"Be careful with him." Emery said seeing Shoupe be so harsh.

"Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the rights to an attorney." Officer Shoupe continued.

"How much they pay you, man? How much they pay you?" JJ yelled. Emery pushed him back not wanting him to get arrested for fighting an officer. Pope was lead outside while everyone else was yelling at the officer trying to set Pope free. Emery didn't know what she was saying, but she was saying something. Everything was turning into a blur.

Emery felt JJ's arm loosen around her and she looked up at him. Just by the look in his eyes she could tell what we he was about to do.

"JJ. Don't do it." Emery whispered sternly. She could see JJ think about saying something, but she thought he finally decided he wasn't going to do it until he moved her off him.

"It wasn't him! It was me!" JJ yelled taking a step forward. Emery felt her heart stop as she lunged and grabbed his arm. "JJ please, no." She said.

"He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes form figure eight that i lost my shit." JJ said, shrugging her hands off her arm. He took more steps towards them continuing his "side of the story."

Emery could barely breathe seeing everything go down. Her eyes filled with tears, but they hadn't fell. Kie saw Emery about to break and went over to comfort her. Emery leaned into her for support resting her head on her shoulder.

"I can't let you take the blame for something like this. You've got too much too loose." JJ said turning his attention to Pope. He could hear Emery starting to breakdown behind him and it took every thing in him to not turn around and comfort the girl. He knew that if he turned, his heart would break to see that he caused the pain set on her face so he didn't.

"JJ, what are you doing?" Pope asked still restrained in handcuffs.

"I'm telling the truth. For once in my Goddamn life I'm telling the truth. I took his old man's boat too." JJ continues trying to convince Officer Shoupe it was him.

"What the hell?" Heyward said, surprised. He didn't really know who actually did it or what even happened yet.

"JJ, come one." Pope said trying to reason. Worse for him that he could see Emery practically hanging onto Kie to stand up straight. He knew that is JJ went to jail and couldn't be bailed out, it would be like her loosing her best friend and practically the love of her life.

"Just shut up, Pope! Just shut up. He's a good kid. You know where I'm from." JJ said referring to his alcoholic, druggy dad who had ended up in jail a few times.

"Yeah. That the whole truth" Officer Shoupe asked. He didn't really believe JJ all that much, but of Pope agreed it would be that much easier for him to just arrest JJ.

"Whole truth. Swear to God." JJ said, not letting Pope reply since he didn't know if he would say yes or no.

"I know what you think, damn it. I'm asking Pope." Officer Shoupe snapped looking back at Pope. Emery had quieted down looking at Pope. She didn't want him to say anything because either way she lost one of them.

"Yeah, that about covers it." Pope finally agreed. Emery let out a quiet cry stuffing her head into Kie's chest to quiet her cries. JJ finally looked back at her to see her body slightly shaking. She could feel his gaze so she raised her head and gave him a confused, but also understanding look. He felt a wave of relief go over him, but he still felt pained that he caused her this. He was pushed into the police car in the back quite rough and uncomfortably. They all watched as they drove away silent.

"Pope..." Heyward said breaking the silence.

"Shit!" Pope yelled throwing his hat to the ground and storming off.

"You good if I go after him?" Kie asked still holding the girl. Emery had quieted down in a matter of seconds believing that she could get him out of it. She wasn't worried about him going to jail, but rather worried what would go on at home.

"Yeah I'm good. I should probably get home and hopefully check on JJ later." Emery sniffled. Kie gave her a grateful nod running to where Pope stormed off to. Emery walked over to Heyward and gave him a comforting hug and smile before walking to her car.