24: "You know I'm always on top."

Start from the beginning

I immediately crawl under the covers, which are messily strewn across the mattress, and Sirius laughs at me. He himself lies down, though not getting under the sheets and just leaning back with his arms behind his head as we both close our eyes.

***

I try to roll over in the bed, but something restrains me from doing so, making me groan and squint in the sudden light. The arm around me tugs me closer, and I glance behind my shoulder to see Sirius, fast asleep and hugging me against his side unconsciously. I feel butterflies in my stomach at the sight, but I push them away quickly, remembering my promise as I pluck his arm off of me carefully. As much as I'd love to stay in his warm embrace, I have to be sensible. I take a moment to watch his relaxed expression as he snoozes on, all the different emotions that are usually etched on his features completely vanished to reveal an unguarded face.

I smile as he drools slightly onto his pillow, his soft snores blowing the same strand of hair up and down in front of his nose.

After admiring his current state, I quickly get to work, digging around James's stuff until I find the perfect thing. Shaving cream. I grin, bringing the bottle over to Sirius and spraying a clump into his hand before discarding the bottle and grabbing a quill from his bedside table. I use the feathered end to tickle his nose, making him scrunch up his face in his sleep before he smacks his hand to his face to itch it, only to have the shaving cream squish all over him. He abruptly wakes up, frowning at his hand as he sits up in confusion.

"What the hell?" He asks before he sees me laughing at my handiwork. A small smile comes over his features before an evil glint settles in his eyes.

"You'd better run, Milton," he says in a low growl, his voice husky from sleep as he quickly leaps over the bed and grabs the bottle from the covers. I act fact and head for the door, but I'm not quick enough, and soon his arm hooks around my waist. He tackles me onto James's bed, and in one swift moment he has me pinned down, his knees on my arms as he straddles me and my eyes wide while he grins. I watch as he shakes the bottle of shaving cream before he starts to spray it all over my face. I squeal and squirm as he massages it into my hair, but my writhing is no use.

"Stop! Stop it!" I shout while he laughs, pushing my arm away as I break it free and continuing to cover me in the substance. I use my legs to wrap around his neck and yank him down and off of me, but he just grabs my arms and pulls me with him until I've landed on his chest, my hands on either side of his neck as my shaving cream infested hair hangs over my head. He grins mischievously before tackling me and rolling over so he's above me again, leaving me to roll my eyes.

"Come on, Milton." He shakes his head, a wide grin still on his features as he leans his head closer to my ear and lets his gaze flutter down to mine, "You know I'm always on top."

My mouth falls open at his words, and he laughs at my reaction as I push him off of me in protest to his statement.

"You are so full of yourself," I say, although there's still a small smile on my face as I stand up off of the bed. He just grabs my arm again and tugs me back, making me fall next to him on James's now messy covers. His arm rests behind my head as I roll my eyes, looking up at his face before my gaze looks past him and at the window. I immediately sit up, a grin becoming my features.

"Sirius." I nudge him, and he hums in response, his eyes closed, "Look."

He opens his eyes and looks at me before following my gaze to the window and sitting up as well as he sees the snow coming down heavily.

"No way," he says as I stand up and look outside to see a foot already gathered on the grounds. I turn to him in excitement.

"We're getting everyone and having a snowball fight," I say, and he looks at me quizzically.