"Agreed, and the magic league the teacher speaks of may have more potential soldiers."

"Most likely, but as you said Nate could prove troublesome, we should keep an eye on him just in case."

Once he got home, Nate prepared the table in his basement for him and his friends, who were coming over later, to battle on. At about seven o' clock, Nate's three closest friends knocked on the front door. Opening the door, Nate saw his friends all with looks of pure determination to win.

"Hey guys," Nate greeted.

"Hey Nate," said Nate's friend Eddy. Eddy is a total joker with brown hair, blue eyes, jeans, and a black hoodie, his favorite play style is Rakdos.

"Ready to lose?" said Tom. Tom has red hair, green eyes, glasses, mesh shorts and a solid red T-shirt, his preferred style is Orzhov.

"Yeah right, Nate could beat you in his sleep," noted Amy. Amy has long blond hair, brown eyes, black leggings and a solid blue T-shirt, she plays Dimir and is Nate's girlfriend. "So what deck are you planning to use this time?"

"Donno, kinda wanna play my Chandra deck," Nate said contemplating his many options.

"All right," Tom said, clapping his hands, "let's get started!" and with that, everyone headed down to Nate's basement for their match.

Nate's basement is fairly large with shag carpeting, a pool table, an air hockey table, a 60 inch flat screen with a two person couch and several bean bags in front of it, a table about two and a half feet by two and a half feet, two sliding glass doors that lead to the back yard, and still plenty of room for about 20 more people.

Once everyone was all set up they rolled dice to see who got to go first and the result was Nate going clockwise (Nate, Eddy, Tom, Amy).

"To start, I will play a mountain and use it to summon a scorch spitter," Nate said, "then I end my turn."

"My turn then," Eddy said, drawing a card, "I will also play a mountain and end my turn."

"Then I'll draw and play an Orzhov guildgate," Tom said, "that's all for now."

"About time," Amy said as she drew her card, "I'll play an island and end my turn."

"Back to me already?" Nate asked, "then lets play with fire, but first, untap and draw. I'll play another mountain and then for one red and one other I summon a pack mastiff, then I'll send my scorch spitter to attack ... Tommy boy."

"Bro, why me?" Tom asked.

"Does ready to lose ring a bell?" Nate said frankly.

"Touche."

"You take one damage from scorch spitter's ability and one damage from the scorch spitter itself for a total of two." Tom then reluctantly put his life total down to 18. "I end my turn," Nate said, handing control to Eddy.

"Sweet," Eddy said as he drew his card, "I'll play a mountain and then use both of them to summon a smelt-ward ignus, then I end my turn."

"I'm gonna get you for that damage you did to me," Tom said as he took care of his field, "but not this turn, I play another Orzhov guildgate and end my turn."

"My turn," Amy said, drawing her card, "I'll play a Dimir guildgate and end my turn."

"Let's go," Nate said, "I'll play another mountain and summon another pack mastiff. Then I will have my scorch spitter and one of my mastiffs attack Tom again, you loose four life."

"Uhg, fine," Tom said, his life total now at 14 while everyone else was still full at 20.

"I end my turn," Nate finished.