Chapter 1: Now

Word of the day:
지금
"now"

"Are you ready?"
"I've always been ready."

Fransy and Charie exchanged strong glances as they sit side by side in front of their PCs in an internet café at Quezon City. It didn't even bother them that the room is dark and the only light available was from the computer monitors which shoned brightly to their anxious faces. They're there on a mission; they won't leave unless they'll get it.

Click!

The clock striked 12 noon.

They immediately scrambled their way around the website they're both staring at for the past hour.

"Are you in?" Fransy blurted.
"I'm on it!" replied Charie.
"Find the best seats!"
"I got the first row!"

Fransy stopped scrolling on her computer and hurriedly looked straight to Charie's PC.

"Yes! HURRY! CLICK IT! CLICK IT!"

Charie didn't lose her focus.
"I got it... I got it..."

Click!

A pop up message then flashed on her computer screen:

=CONGRATULATIONS! You got the front row seats on SF9's Asia Tour!=

"KYAAAAAAAAA!!!!" they both shouted. Their voice resounded all throughout the room that they got all eyes of everyone inside.

They rose from their seats, clasp their hands and hugged each other while jumping up and down in circles.

"WE GOT IT! AT LAST WE GOT IT!!! WE'RE GOING!!"

They shouted and cried tears of joy until the owner of the shop yelled at them to stop.

It was then they realized they're not alone - everyone is staring at them.

Calm reached their senses. They sat down again after apologizing to everyone. As soon as they reached their seats, they silently giggled for the success they just achieved.

"Let's head out" Fransy curtly pointed the door.
Charie nodded and packed her things.

****

"What do you want to eat, Fransy"

"Hmmm, I'll have strawberry ice cream. It's Dawon's favorite."

Charie chuckled.

"Fine. I'll have chocolate then."

They both giggled.

The ice cream attendant just amiled at them, even though she didn't get what they are laughing about.

"You always had chocolate, Ma'am" the attendant said honestly.

"Oh, do I?"

"Yes, you do!" Fransy and the ice cream attendant responded in unison.
This made them all laugh.

They transferred to this nearby ice cream shop to have a mini celebration. This place is precious to them since they've been here since college days. Studying without a cup of ice cream is a big no-no for these two, so they spend most of their time here, even after they graduated.

While waiting for their ice cream, they never failed to talk to the ice cream attendant, who had been working there for 3 years. They didn't  mind standing in the counter while waiting since there's no one waiting on the line.

"Why is this place still have a few customers ever since we've been here?" Charie asked curiously.

"Don't you like it? We always get to have our favorite spit everytime were here! And the best part, we can stay as long as we want, right, Ms. Kim?" Fransy turned to the ice cream attendant.

Ms. Kim just chuckled.

"What am I supposed to do with you two? Don't you have work today?"
Ms. Kim then handed them two big bowls of strawberry and chocolate ice creams.

"It's our day off Ms. Kim. We need to rest you know" Charie replied while taking their tray of ice cream.

"We'll go over there now, Ms. Kim!" Fransy said.

"Sure, go ahead." Ms. Kim send them off.

Almost everyone who loves cafes wanted to stay near the window where many people will pass by and these young, working ladies were no different. However, one thing unique about their favorite spot was that they can see a park right across the shop. Only a crossroad are separating these two memorable places. Their spot had this scenic view of the grenery, lavish park which makes them feel calm and relax. It also reminded them of their families back in their provinces.

Fransy came from Cebu City while Charie's from a province in Cebu. They never knew each other before they came to Manila. They both tried their luck in their scholarships, which now gave them an opportunity to work in a big time company in Quezon City.

Without SF9, these two would've been remained strangers to each other.

"So, what's the plan?"Charie asked.

Fransy happily scooped her ice cream and said, "I don't know! I'm in cloud nine right now!" then gave the brightest smile she could ever give.

Charie then scooped on Fransy's ice cream and blurted, "You got your company's permission already? It's a long vacation you know."

Fransy smirked and said, " I already made negotiations. Haha!"

Charie almost got choked of her stolen ice cream and laughed at her friend's revelation.

"Haha! Good for you! I have been online for quite sometime so everything's well for me."

Now, Fransy got some chocolate ice cream and asked, "I guess everything is set?"

Charie put her spoon down and took something from her bag and spread it on the table- their preparation check list.

"Accomodation - check! Plane tickets - check! Foreign bills - check! Language books - check! And now VIP tickets, a big CHECK! We're all set!"

The ladies can't contain their smile. They do not know what kind of journey that will be in store for them, especially it'll be their first time travelling overseas but they knew it'll be something fun.

Fransy picked up their printed e-tickets on the concert tour, trying to internalize the journey they'll be on in the next few months.

SF9 Asia Tour
December 2019