post regular fries mark breaks down

Start from the beginning

Mark tells him a brief summary of every floors' progress while he's munching his sandwich. It was asked by Taeyong, he would never steal another person's break time without their consent.

"Well, don't overwork yourself. You know our colleagues are capable. You can depend on me." Taeyong pats his shoulder.

And Mark knows that, because Donghyuck hires really young but capable people. He was there during the human resources selection process, questioning the choices his boss made but it proved to be fair choices. He could make perfect people profiles like those agents in the police. Mark has stopped doubting his boss now, like he should've from long ago, with Donghyuck it always works out somehow.

"Thanks, Taeyong-hyung." Mark smiles tiredly and Taeyong ruffles his head, not something a head department manager would normally do to a secretary, but Mark's normal has shifted long ago. He accepts Taeyong affection even if he's not a big fan of one because Donghyuck had been touching him every day and he gets used to it.

Empathy (21)

Jungwoo
Markeu, thanks for your help today <333

Jeno
Huh Jungwoo-hyung, you saw him? Aren't we like 4 floors apart?

Ten
Is Mark running around looking for Minnie

Jeno
It's Mina but you made an effort

Taeyong
Guys, if you see Mark limping around pls tell him to take a rest !!

Yuta
Mark come over ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚ I'll treat u food

Mark
Thanks Taeyong-hyung, Yuta-hyung. Rather, let's all eat together next time

No I'm not looking for Mina, literally, ask anyone and they'll say they've seen me

Yuta
Am I really the only one who didn't see you o(〒﹏〒)o

Donghyuck
Aren't we supposed to be busy? Like we have some tax revenue reports, is it checked yet

Johnny
Move it yall

Jaehyun
Yes Johnny

It's Friday, so Mark decides to work longer, and because the second he's home with nothing to do, he'llstart thinking about Donghyuck again. He was in front of the computer for around 3 hours before going home.

Among those hours he had forgotten again about his boss while doing administrative work. But then there's a ring from the lobby. He quickly turns the speaker off and opens the door connecting the lobby and his office through the high-tech panel Jaemin made.

(Jaemin had also made it to be accessible through handphone, but Mark is still confused on how to operate it through his Samsung.

Donghyuck takes advantage of it, he turns the lamp off, turns the TV on, etc at random times. Mark is now unfazed when the bathroom door is opening while he's relieving his stomach, there's no one behind the door anyway.)

Mark gets up and goes to the lobby to be greeted with a loud, high-pitched voice. "Mark-hyung!" A worker comes in and Mark recognizes him from the big head.

"Chenle? What are you doing here?" Mark asks, since the research team has pretty much nothing to do anymore, as Mark remembers from the group chat.

"I'm here to bring you lunch." He cheerfully says, "it was from the boss, he had ordered it for everyone because work has been hectic, was it hard for you, Mark-hyung, uh, Mark-sshi?" Chenle pauses when he sees Mark is looking upwards, following his glance only to see the ceiling.

And so the poor secretary can't concentrate again. Chenle had looked at him bizarrely when he crouched down on the expensive rug of the lobby, eating the kimbap with intense solemnity as if an obsecration.

"Well, I don't know why you look like your neighbour had called you out for a noise complaint, but cheer up! Tomorrow's a holiday!" He says before checking on the secretary one last time. Mark didn't even have the time to ask why the situation sounded so realistic.

Mark wishes he has someone to talk to about Donghyuck in the office, but he's dug his own grave for being so secretive, and he and Donghyuck has a separate room from the other employees. He's even thought to have a crush on Mina. But on the other hand, he really doesn't want Donghyuck to know and possibly ruining everything.

Probably the one who knows about them best is Taeyong, since his mother hen tendency had him often barge in the lobby to ask if they're doing all right, so they often have conversations with him. Other than that, he talks with the 127 and Dream Team often, but not about his feelings for the boss.

While Mark is an extrovert, he's too much of a workaholic that he doesn't know each and every employee, even though he's memorized their names. Donghyuck is better than him at this department. He knows whose son is three years old, he knows the state of his employee's mother, he knows that the garage has a broken light and needs to be fixed. He fits in so well people forget he's the boss sometimes.

Mark does too, he just thinks of Donghyuck as his crush at times. Today, it's almost like Donghyuck constantly tries to remind Mark that he exists while Mark doesn't want to acknowledge that fact.

---

"How is it, Chenle? Is Mark okay?" Donghyuck hands the younger male a cup of tea. While it's abnormal for a boss to be serving his subordinate, it would be normal for Zhong Chenle.

He is the only head who is the son of a major stockholder's. His family owns a grand-scaled business in China and they were the reason Donghyuck could pull through even after he was struggling to repay the loans.

Normally, if you think about it, Chenle should've just continued the family's business. But the Zhong family has this weird tradition whereas the position in their apartment real estate business isn't hereditary. Chenle accepts that rather easily and decides to start in NCT for a reason that he proudly declares : he wants to recycle, it looks fun.

The company never treats Chenle as an asset, he's a regular worker who'd worked his way to the ranks with pure talent for business and hard work. That's why Jaehyun loves him. Everyone just coddles Chenle in general, though. He's adorable and bright.

"Nope." Chenle snidely reports. "He just, just looked at the ceiling right after receiving the kimbap."

Donghyuck and Renjun, the organizers of the "Operation Capture Secretary Lee's Heart" look at each other, grinning. It seemed obvious that Mark was at least bothered by the kiss. (An understatement, really.)

From the group chat, Mark was running around busying himself. Donghyuck knows him, something's on his mind, it could be either himself or Mina. The CEO is very bright but years of pining has made him oblivious and easily threatened, which isn't very Donghyuck before.

"Thanks for helping out, Chenle. You could've handed the task to one of your underlings but you did it yourself." Renjun praised him in Korean, so Donghyuck could understand. Chenle beams and Donghyuck wants to squish his face.

"All right, Hyuck. Here's what I think."

Operation Capture Mark Lee's Hearteu ♡♡♡ (2)

You
I hate you for this name

Renjun
Ppl will treat this as a joke this way but we're gonna make a plan to set city on fire

You
I hired an arsonist wbk