Part 20 - Deep Sadness

Start from the beginning

"Yes, my dear grandson," Sarabi responded warmly, her smile conveying love and support.

Kion's attention was drawn once again to the hole, where he saw a vision of Rani walking towards Pride Rock, burdened by sadness and loneliness.

"You miss her deeply, don't you?" Sarabi's gentle voice carried understanding.

Kion nodded, his longing for Rani palpable. He turned to Mufasa, his eyes pleading.

"Grandfather, please, can you return me to my real life now? Rani needs me by her side. She truly needs me."

Mufasa's gaze softened, a promise of reassurance shining in his eyes. "Rest assured, Kion. I promise that when the time is right, you will be reunited with your wife and family. Until then, trust in the process and find solace in this realm."

Kion sighed, acknowledging the wisdom in Mufasa's words. Though the ache in his heart remained, he understood the importance of this respite and the journey that lay ahead. With renewed determination, Kion accepted his temporary separation from Rani, finding comfort in the presence of his cherished ancestors and the promise of a future reunion.

The Tree of Life

"*Evil laugh* Now, this kingdom belongs to me. Thank you, my friend, for helping me seize control," Scar proclaimed, his voice laced with wicked satisfaction.

Cheka, his loyal accomplice, grinned in response. "You're welcome, my friend. Now, what shall we do with this newfound land?" he inquired, eager to hear Scar's plans.

"*Evil laugh* Ah, I have a brilliant idea in mind," Scar replied, his face twisted into a sinister smile.

The air was thick with tension and anticipation as Scar and Cheka reveled in their triumph over the kingdom. Their dark intentions hung in the air, hinting at the malevolence that awaited the land under their rule.

The Outlands

Janja and his wife, Jasiri, finally arrived home, the exhaustion of their long journey evident in their weary steps. Their arrival was met with joyful anticipation as their three lively pups, Ashura, Athumani, and Auni, bounded toward them with uncontainable excitement.

"Daddy!!!" the pups exclaimed, their voices echoing with pure delight as they rushed toward Janja. With a loving smile, Janja extended his paw, gently caressing each pup's head before pulling them into a warm embrace. Their fur tickled against his paw as he relished the precious moments of their reunion.

"Did you triumph over the bad animals, Dad?" Auni asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity and admiration.

Janja let out a tired yawn, his paw reaching up to cover his mouth before he responded, "No, I'm afraid I lost the battle. Those adversaries proved to be too strong and cunning."

Jasiri, ever the caring and attentive mother, stepped in, her gentle voice interjecting, "Come on, kids. Let's give your father a chance to rest. He's weary from his arduous journey." She guided the pups away, her paw guiding them gently, ensuring they understood the need for their father's rest.

"But I want to play with Dad, Mom," Auni protested, her little paw reaching out towards Janja with longing.

Janja, despite his fatigue, mustered a reassuring smile, his paw reaching out to pat Auni's head. "I promise, Auni, that as soon as I've had a chance to regain my strength, we'll have a playtime filled with laughter and joy."

Athumani chimed in, his voice full of wisdom beyond his years, "Remember, Daddy, promises are sacred and shouldn't be taken lightly."

With a grateful nod and another yawn, Janja reaffirmed, "Yes, my precious ones, I promise you. I will fulfill my promise to play with you once I have rested."