22: "Shit in dad's stocking for me, yeah?"

Comenzar desde el principio

"Right, because why would you go to Hawaii? Beaches and paradise? Disgusting." I take the cigarette from him as he laughs, looking down at me while I grin and take a drag, "Instead you'll be partying it up with yours truly, and all the other burn outs of this school."

"Beats going home any day," he says as he takes his cigarette back and we walk up a set of stairs, groaning as it moves and sends us on a longer path.

"Do we know anyone else who's staying for Christmas?" He asks, and I frown.

"Maybe Dorcas. She hates her family, right?" I shrug, "I don't know, but if it's anything like the last four years, it'll suck. A measly dinner with all the teachers and crying twelve year olds? Pass."

"But it beats going home," we say in unison, me grabbing his cigarette again as we start down a corridor.

"No smoking!" Professor Florier snatches the smoke from me as he passes before putting it in his own lips and continuing to walk. We both laugh as he blows out the cloud before flicking the thing into a first year's face.

"It's a shame he'll be gone at the end of the year," Sirius says, "He's a damn good teacher."

"Yeah." I nod as we watch him round a corner after doing some elaborate hand shake with a third year Ravenclaw, "He really is. Anyway, I gotta get going."

"Where to?" Sirius asks as I back away from him and start walking down a separate hallway, still facing him.

"Gotta break up with my boyfriend!" I call, throwing him a two fingered salut as he shakes his head in amusement and disappears around the other corner. I smile to myself and make my way to the library, which is basically only crowded by fifth years and up, who are all stressing for their O.W.L or N.E.W.T classes. I find Marcus quickly, sitting with Caradoc, my brother, and another Slytherin. I've always found it strange how they manage to be friends with the massive divide between our houses, but they honestly couldn't give two shits if the other supports Voldemort or not. I'd admire it, but I know better.

"Well if it isn't the girl who won't put out!" The extra Slytherin calls, and I freeze in my tracks as Marcus smacks him in the head.

"Seriously?" I say to my boyfriend, who runs a hand down his face.

"Carrow, man, really?" He groans, and 'Carrow' just laughs, my brother hiding his smile as I turn beet red.

"Well, that won't be a problem anymore," I say nonchalantly,  "because I'm actually gonna have to cut this one short."

Marcus looks up in slight surprise, before shrugging, "Okay, no hard feelings though, right?"

"Yeah, we'll still tear it up on the Quidditch pitch!" I call as I begin walking away.

"Damn straight!" He hollers, and I laugh as I turn the corner before poking my head back.

"Hey Joshy!" I say, "Shit in dad's stocking for me, yeah?"

He just flips me the bird, and I snicker, rounding the bookshelf and leaving the library, feeling free now that I'm single again. I never truly liked Marcus, but he was a good distraction while I wallowed in my self pity.

I can't help myself, and I whoop as I start running through the halls, high-fiving any Gryffindors I see and ruffling Dasher's hair as I pass him. I tug my robes off and whip them around in the air, seeing James up ahead and not hesitating to jump on his back.

"Woah! Cassidy!" He says as he stumbles forward a few inches before continuing to walk, Remus by his side, "What are you so happy about?"

"I'm a single woman, Jamesy!" I say as he hoists me higher on his back.