"Thank you, Carol. You can go now." She nodded and left the house. "So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us."

"No. I'm sorry." Elena tells him regretfully.

"And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died."

"Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead." Nat told him sadly.

"I doubt that." Elijah said. Nat snapped her head up and looked at him, a hopeful look in her eyes. "Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did."

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pray for betraying him." Elena tells him confused.

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay." He says looking at Nat. "There was a time... I'd have done anything for Klaus." He pauses before continuing. "I have always stood by my family, especially my siblings." Nat and Elena widened their eyes at his words. Siblings?! That meant Klaus was... "Yes. Klaus is my brother."

"I heard that. I'm still processing." Elena says, still shocked by the new information.

"Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is 'OMG'." He said before drinking some tea. He stood up and paced slowly around the room.

"Wait, there's a whole family of Originals?" Elena asked confused. Nat couldn't fathom that they were brothers. But it made sense why he seemed to know Klaus so well.

"My father was a wealthy landowner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children." He told them.

"So your parents were human?" Elena asked him.

"Our whole family was." He looked towards Nat and she looked at him still surprised. If she knew Elijah and Klaus, then that meant she knew the whole family. Elijah's look confirmed her thoughts and she looked away. "Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know... We're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all vampires were created."

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" Nat questioned him, not understanding how he could want to kill Klaus. He looked between the two girls before walking away.

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad... dead." He shrugged. "Come." Both girls look at each other before following him outside to the back of the house. They go down some stairs and catch up with Elijah. "So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned." He explains.

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from." Nat realized.

"Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance."

"So the sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon curse?" Elena asks confused as they keep walking. Elijah smiles and looks down.

"Right. The curse of the Sun and the Moon. It's all so... biblical-sounding, don't you think?"

"What's so funny?" Nat asks furrowing her brows.

"Mm, well, Klaus was a very talented artist. He enjoyed drawing a lot, so when the opportunity arose, he drew the Sun and the Moon curse."

"I don't understand. So he drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" Nat asked from beside him.

"Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting it."

"But why?"

I'll never love again [1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें