~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝔀𝓸 ~

Start from the beginning

"He's retired, used to work at the Ministry" Charlie said "I met him once when dad took me into work with him. He was an Auror - one of the best...a dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full because of him. He made himself loads of enemies, though...the families of people he caught, mainly...and I heard he's been getting really paranoid in his old age. Doesn't trust anyone anymore. Sees dark wizards everywhere."

"He's the one who trained my cousins when she became an Auror" Lina added.

The group took Muggle taxis to the train station. It was rather funny watching the men heave seven heavy school trunks, two owl cages and two cat cages containing two very angry cats. Lina did feel bad though and offered to help which the muggles politely declined.

***

The Hogwarts Express was a gleaming scarlet train that left from platform nine and three quarters all the way to Hogsmeade station. Everyone bar Lina loaded up their trunks onto the train, as Lina sat with her Hufflepuff friends and she wasn't sure where they were she decided to just keep it with her. That was until Cedric emerged from the crowd.

"Eve!" Cedric called pushing past people.

"Cedric!" Lina replied waving her hand.

"Do you want me to take your trunk onto the train while you say bye?" Cedric offered ignoring the fact that all the Weasley's were looking at him.

"Really? Thank you" Lina replied. Cedric took both the trunk and the cat carrier and headed back through the crowd, Lina kept her eye on him to see what carriage he got onto. "Don't say a word" Lina said turning back around and thankfully no one did.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," Charlie said grinning hugging Ginny.

"Why?" Fred asked.

"You'll see. Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it...it's 'classified information until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release' after all."

"Yeah, I sort of wish I was back at Hogwarts this year," Bill said hands in pockets, looking longingly at the train.

"Why?" George asked impatiently.

"You're going to have an interesting year," Bill said his eyes twinkling "I might even get some time off to come and watch a bit of it."

"A bit of what?" Ron asked.

But then the whistle blew and Mrs Weasley began to herd the kids onto the train. Lina turned to Bill and Charlie hands in her hips "what is happening this year?"

The boys smiled at each other but didn't say anything, instead, Bill pulled Lina into a hug "if you need anything you write all right, no matter how big or small you think it is."

"Promise" Lina smiled and then hugged Charlie.

"When I see you next you better have told Diggory that you love him or I will," Charlie said.

Lina rolled her eyes and have Mrs Weasley a quick hug and got on the train just in time before it pulled out of the station.

'What are they hiding from us!" George said slightly glaring at the now distant figures of Mrs Weasley, Bill and Charlie.

"And why will we find out when we get to school?" Fred huffed.

"Don't worry boys, I'm sure you'll find out soon enough" Lina said patting the boy's heads "say hi to Lee for me."

"Hi, Lee," the boys said.

"Male Lee" Lina said rolling her eyes, she turned around heading in the opposite direction, looking for the compartment her friends were in and then she found them. Opening the compartment door Lina was immediately hit with a force that knocked her back, from the brown hair Lina knew it was Lucy "hi Lucy."

"Hi, Lucy!" Lucy screeched "hi Lucy, that's all you've fucking got for me" Lucy glared at Lina gripping her arms, people passing gave the two weird looks.

"Hey Luce," Danny said leaning against the compartment door frame "why don't you yell at Lina inside the compartment so people don't think you're absolutely mental."

Lucy continued to glare at Lina as she dragged her into the compartment door slamming it shut behind them. Lina sheepishly sat in her seat next to Cedric, Lucy's glare could cut through glass, it was definitely unnerving and Lina thought if she wasn't Lucy's friend then she would be terrified. "What did I do?" Lina asked.

"What did you do" Lucy scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Seriously what did I do?" Lina asked looking at Cedric for help.

"I told her" Cedric replied.

Lina's eyes went wide "you told her!"

"Both of us actually," Danny said.

Now Lina glared aiming it at Cedric and began to hit his arm "Demeter attack" Demeter, out of her cage, jumped onto Cedric's lap and began nuzzling into him "traitor."

"You could've died!" Lucy yelled.

"Yes but I didn't."

"Logic" Danny chuckled.

"Danny no" Cedric said shaking his head completely serious.

"Why didn't you write to me!" Lucy yelled, "I read the Daily Prophet about the World Cup attack and I knew you and Cedric were both there!" Lucy suddenly stopped and turned her glare on Cedric "you didn't write either!"

"Hey I thought this was about Eve," Cedric said holding his hands up.

"Cedric!" Lina said and hit his arms again.

'This is brilliant" Danny chuckled.

"Why didn't you write?" Lucy asked crossing her arms.

Lina sighed and looked at Cedric who just shrugged "thanks for the help" she mumbled and then turned back to Lucy "a lot happened that night, I was trying to deal with the fact that I nearly died as you said, so I really am sorry I didn't write but I promise if I'm ever in a near-death situation again, you'll be the first person I write to."

Lucy nodded and her glare let up slightly, she then looked at Cedric "and you?"

"I..." Cedric placed a hand on the back of his neck "yeah I got nothin. I forgot."

"You're a shit!"

"A massive shit," Danny said chuckling.

"Danny shut up!" Lucy said, "it's not funny."

"It is a bit."

"Oh yeah how?"

"Well while you're yelling at them two for not telling you they were alive when of course they were you seem to have forgotten that this is the last time the four of us will be getting the train to Hogwarts together."

"Oh."

Danny's sentence made Lucy go silent and Lina and Cedric lost for words because Danny was right, this was the last train journey to school together. This was their last year together.