𝟬𝟭𝟬 family secrets

Start bij het begin

     All of a sudden, Nova was quickly snapped back to reality when the old Volkswagen came to a sudden halt, the vehicle parking itself outside her house. This caused for Nova to blink a few times before she peered out the window to see her home standing tall in all its elegance and glory, a quiet sigh leaving her lips at the thought of going inside again. As much as she loved her home, it was still a constant reminder that Riley was gone, his ghost haunting the halls of the Van Kirk household time and time again.

     Nova then averted her gaze elsewhere and looked over her shoulder to glance over at JJ and Pope with a smile forming across her lips in the process. "I'll see you boys around?" She assumed. Well, it sounded more like a question than an insinuation.

     Pope nodded his head, a small smile of his own forming across his lips, his eyes staring back at the blonde, whilst JJ lifted his gaze and nodded towards Nova. "Hey, thanks for saving my ass back there, Princess." JJ said to Nova, a slight smirk ghosting across his lips in the process. The sight alone was enough to make a small flutter erupt in the pit of the girl's stomach, before she shook her head and turned her attention over towards Kiara.

     "Thanks for the ride." Nova says to the Carrera girl, expressing her gratitude. This caused for Kiara to smile and nod her head, before Nova opened the door and climbed out of the vehicle, slamming the door shut behind her. However, before the girl moved any closer towards her house, she turned back around to face Kiara with a thought crossing her mind. "Hey, Kiara, can I ask you something?"

     Kiara shrugged her shoulders, a confused look washing over her face. "Sure." She answers, allowing Nova to continue.

     "Is there any reason why you're being so nice to me?" Nova questioned, a curious look burning in her ocean blue eyes.

     It wasn't such a strange question to ask either. Everyone who knew or even heard about Kiara Carrera knew she hated Kooks despite being one, but always made room for people like Riley Van Kirk and Juno O'Connell in her life. Everyone knew that was because, like Kiara, both of them despised being segregated to one side of the island and practically taught to hate Pogues and anyone else who came from the South Side. Nova was nothing like Juno or her brother. In fact, Nova was aware her and Kiara had nothing in common. So, it always made Nova wonder why Kiara was perfectly fine with her tagging along with the rest of them without even putting up a single fight.

Kiara laughed, shooting Nova a skeptical look. "I didn't know being nice was such a bad thing." She retorted, sounding almost confused whilst she spoke.

"I know. It's just...everyone knows you hate people like me." Nova pointed out, pausing for a short moment whilst she sighed quietly to herself. "I know I don't have the best track record when it comes to friends, but you were definitely the last person I expected to be so welcoming into your group." She elaborated further, her words causing for Kiara's smile to falter.

"Oh, I still hate you." Kiara deadpanned, forcing Nova to purse her lips into a thin line, whilst Kiara continued to speak. "And for a number of reasons. One of them being how you treated Juno. She told me everything you said to her and that's enough to make me hate your guts." She explained, earning a nod from Nova in response.

"So, why are you being so nice to me?" Nova pressed, wanting to know the reasoning behind Kiara kindness towards her if she hated her so much.

Kiara couldn't help but sigh in response to Nova's question, her lips parting to speak soon afterwards. "Because I'm not completely ignorant. I know you've been through a lot these last couple of months. You lost your brother, and I get that pain because I lost one of my best friends. Riley...he was like a big brother to me, and I know that if he was here right how, he would have wanted you to tag along with the rest of us." She explained to the blonde, a sad smile forming across her lips when she mentioned Nova's brother.