"You don't hav-"

"I'm not an artist despite the fact that I am smart, I am an artist because I am smart. Unlike you, a drunk who beats on his own family." There was a silent pause in the room, "That's what I told him.. More like screamed in his face.. He left, never came back, and the next day the police was at our doorstep." Y/n shook her head as she tried to hold back her tears, "He got into a car accident."

No matter what she were to do, it was impossible to hold back her tears for a minute longer.

"I-I-I't's my f-fault." Y/n confessed as she began to wipe away her tears with the back of her hand. Ushijima's eyes softened, seeing as the girl had broke down in front of him. "m-maybe i-if I-I had j-just stopped p-painting he wouldn't have d-" She stopped herself mid sentenced, not wanting to say the word aloud.

"It isn't your fault." He began to speak his mind, "You should never feel guilty for standing up for yourself." He stated matter of factly.

Y/n shook her head again, his words had went through on ear and out the other.

"Y/n you're the smartest girl I've ever met." He bluntly said, he raised one of his hands and placed it on top of her head and began to ruffle her hair.

Y/n avoided eye contact as she felt her cheeks heat up slightly, caught off guard from his sudden act of friendliness. She sniffed, her nose red and stuffy from the crying as she rubbed her red eyes to dry her tears.

The embarrassment had settled in now, having opened up to a boy she barely knew. And to make things worse, it just had to be Ushijima.

But... It felt nice.. To have finally poured out all of her bottled up emotions and pent up frustrations.

So, she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around the male where she sat and hug him. She buried her head into his chest.

And for the first time in a while, Ushijima was a speechless.

He slowly returned to hug, moving his hand up and down on her back to comfort her.

She sniffed as she closed her eyes, relishing in the moment.

He felt very warm, and she felt very safe, seemingly at home in his grasp. For Ushijima, for some strange reason he didn't feel like letting go.

It felt natural holding her in his arms, the way her arms clung onto to him was comforting.

"It demands a genius to make something from nothing." He broke the silence, Y/n pulled away slightly to look up at him. He looked back down at her, their faces not to far apart. "You do not 'have to be stupid' to be an artist, you have to be brave."

Y/n felt her heart skip a beat in her chest, while Ushijima's stopped.

His body began to act on it's own, everything feeling fluent and natural. It felt as if everything began to move in slow motion, just like when he was on the volleyball court.

He raised one his hands to gently tuck a strand of hair behind her ear before using to same had to softly cup her cheek, the two never breaking eye contact.

He leaned in slowly, beginning to close the little to no space that was left between their faces. Her cool breath fanning his face as he brushed her cheek with his thumb which glided over her lips.

Ushijima's eyes were half-lidded as they narrowed down and focused on Y/n's slightly parted lips.

He finally closed his eyes, attempting to land his lips on hers.

Y/n had placed both hands onto his chest and gently pushed him away before he could.

It felt like reality hit Ushijima like a truck the second he opened his eyes to look down at Y/n again who's face was now a deep dark shade of red. She tried to pull herself away from him, but couldn't because of the strong grip he hand on her.

She was still very stiff as well, because of his hand that was still cupping her cheek.

Ushijima furrowed his brows slightly, a bit confused by his conflicting thoughts.

His thumb lightly traced her upper lip again, which only made Y/n feel more flustered.

"U-Ushijima-s-san..." Her voice disconnecting him once again from reality as this time without hesitation he leaned down to kiss her.

His eyes fluttered shut, while Y/n's appeared like they were ready to pop out of her sockets.

"Onee-chan! Ka-san told me to bring you some more cooookies!" The 5 year old boy bursted through the door as he held a tray of cookies in his hand, as well as a wide toothy grin, showing off his missing teeth.

The second the door opened Y/n used more force this time and roughly pushed Ushijima away, though it wasn't enough to break free from his grip.

"K-Koji! U-uhm t-thank you just leave them right there on the ground!"

Ushijima finally let go of Y/n who sprung up to her feet and grabbed the now empty blue bowl and dumped the cookies on the tray into it.

Now.. Koji was everything but a dumb kid.

"What were you two doing before I came in here!" He said rather loudly making Y/n drop the bowl making some of the cookies fall out onto the floor.

"N-nothing! Ushijima-san was helping me with my painting!"

"Then why was his touching you like that, why was he looking at you like that!" He rambled while pointing his finger accusingly, "I'm tellingg!" The little boy bolted out of the room, Y/n chasing after him.

"K-koji!!"

Ushijima was still sitting down in deep thought.

He had only began speaking to Y/n on a regular basis 2 weeks ago, yet he already felt so clingy to her.

The kiss was very short lived, Y/n pushed him away a millisecond after not even giving him a chance to taken in how soft her lips were.

It was his first kiss.

Y/n's also.

But it didn't feel that way, it felt like he had kissed her million times before, everything just felt very right.

The way she felt in his arms, how soft her face felt when he cupped her cheek. It all felt familiar.

But all in the same.

They were still very foreign feelings for Ushijima.

"What is this hypnotizing feeling..."

He couldn't suppress his small smile thinking about how Y/n looked up to him while clinging onto his body.

"I've never felt this way before.." 

~~
A/N: I know.... I'm so inconsistent when it comes to updating I'm sorry! ToT

2 chapters left!