Halfway through breakfast, Crisha's father called again and asked whether she and Evonna could meet him at the house to head out on their family date. Crisha agreed that they would straight after their meal.

So after breakfast, the four broke apart and Kimi and Daniella decided to get their nails and feet done together.

"Do you want to go to La La Chic today?" Daniella wondered.

"Are you working today?"

"Yeah, but at Blue Horizons. Much later. I wanna look at some makeup."

At the word makeup, Kimi was all ears. "Ooh, yea, I wanna go."

Kimi leaned back in the pedicure chair, talking to her sister. They made all sorts of plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks, giving no regard to the fact that Kimi even had a boyfriend who might have wanted to spend some of his own break with her.

"When is basketball season starting?" Daniella wondered.

"My first game is in December, but we start practice next month."

"I can pick you up and take you to work when you get out your practices."

"Oh no, I already told my supervisor I can't work on Wednesdays and need to be switched to afternoons on Saturdays in December. By the time I get out of my practices, it'll be six and there's no point in working for a couple hours."

Daniella nodded her concession. Kimi had a point. That was almost a waste of time to go to work on a day like that.

When the girls left the nail salon, Daniella drove to La La Chic and the two walked around looking at different shades of eye shadow.

"Can I do your makeup one day, Danni?" Kimi wondered.

Daniella looked at her sister out the side of her eye before she picked up a purple shadow. "Maybe tomorrow when we get home from the cider mill and I don't have nothing to do and nowhere to go."

Kimi squeaked and Daniella shook her head. "So this what you like now?"

"I'm going to be super glamorous!"

Kimi waved her hands in the air and grinned wide before she flipped her hair and batted her lashes. Daniella turned to look at her sister for a few seconds before she shook her head and turned back to what she was doing.

"You don't think you're glamorous without the makeup, Kimi?"
Kimi frowned at the question. "I think I'm okay without the makeup. The makeup is fun. It makes me look 'wow!' Like Beyoncé in her videos or Ashanti."

"I suppose, Kimi."
"If you don't like makeup, why you wear it?" Kimi challenged.

Daniella chuckled and held up a few shadows to her sister to compare the match. "I didn't say that I don't like it. I just asked if you didn't feel glamorous without it."

Before the girls had realized it, hours had passed and they were still in the cosmetics department when Justin had called Kimi.

"Hello?"
"Are you out from church?" he wondered.

"Yeah." She frowned in confusion.

"Did you forget that we had plans today?"
"We did?"

Kimi's eyes widened in realization as she remembered that Justin had asked her to call when she got out of church so that they could hang out.

"Yes we did. Is you mad at me about something? Is it 'cause I didn't let you stay the night?"

"I'm not mad at you," she promised. "We didn't go to church today, so me and Danni hung out. I'm still with her."