the one with the release

Začít od začátku

"Had what coming?" Rosie hissed.

"We sunk their boat," Pope blurted, earning an elbow in the gut from JJ.

Rosie's jaw dropped, "You did what? Do you two have any idea how dumb that is? If they find out it was you two-"

"They already know!" Pope cried. Rosie and JJ hushed him. The last thing they wanted to do was draw attention.

Before Rosie could question them further, Kie came walking back with three Pepsi's in hand, "I just saw Rafe and he said, and I quote, tell your boy that we know what he did."

Rosie's eyes widened, but she remained silent. Pope looked frantically around the area, and JJ attempted to remain calm.

"Where is he?" the blond coughed.

"Right there," Kie nodded behind them.

Pope whipped around in his seat earning a nudge from Rosie. He couldn't have been more obvious. Rosie and JJ also turned to look where, sure enough, Rafe, Topper, Kelce, and a few other Kooks stood.

"Great! The whole death squad," Pope cried. JJ forced his head back around.

"Just warning you bro if they corner me, I'm come out swingin', okay? Slice and dicin'," the blond mimicked punching.

Kie had caught on that they were hiding something. She looked at Rosie with questioning eyes. The shorter girl sighed and shook her head as if to say, you don't wanna know.

"If that doesn't work," JJ continued, "I got this right here," he held up his back and metal clanked inside, signaling he had brought the gun.

Rosie opened her mouth to scold him, but Kie beat her to it.

"I'm sorry, JJ, please tell me you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids!"

"Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" the blond put on a very unconvincing act.

She glared at him, "Wow! Thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ."

The other three shifted awkwardly.

"No secrets among Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?" Kie's glare hardened.

Pope grabbed her shoulder and pulled her close, "Kie, it might go down tonight."

"What does that mean? What did y'all do?"

JJ mumbled under his breath, "Deny, deny, deny."

"Their dumbasses sunk Topper's boat," Rosie rolled her eyes, sick of the boys' stalling.

JJ and Pope shot up to glare at her, but she glared right back. "What?" she shrugged, "I'm just relaying what you spilled."

Pope began to argue but was stopped by Kiara.

"Can we all just shut up? We came here to watch a movie, not to indulge in any more drama. We just need a normal night," she groaned, slumping back in her chair

The other three nodded and got themselves comfortable, but Pope was still ridden with nerves. Rosie pulled her legs up and shrunk into her chair. She and Kiara silently passed a bag of popcorn back and forth as the movie started. JJ and Pope sipped on their Pepsis, Pope occasionally glancing back and JJ with his foot protectively over his bag. They sat like this as the movie played and the sunset. Rosie tried to indulge herself in the black and white movie, but frankly, she found it rather boring.

About an hour into the movie, Rosie could hear JJ and Pope rustling beside her. She tried to ignore them, but they only continued. She turned her head to the side to see them stand up out of their seats and begin to stalk off.