Shiratorizawa defeated Mujinazaka in the semifinals to meet Inarizaki in the semifinals. Itachiyama was playing their semifinals with Musashi High, another powerhouse school.

Sayuri was jumpier than ever, being told off by the coach to conserve more of her energy. She wasn't holding back. As much as she wanted to play safe, she wanted to win. And the two are opposite faces of a coin. You can't play safe if you want to win. She knew that as well as she knew her spikes.

"SASAKIII SASAKIII!" The school band cheered.

"Oh? We have someone new this time?" Kiryu was upset about his loss against Wakatoshi but his eyes widened when he saw who the 'Sasaki' was.

"Ah!!!" He screamed "That's Sakusa's girl"

"SAY WHAT?" Atsumu Miya wanted to chill before his match began in a while and decided to crawl into the girls' game with a few of his teammates. But looks like he wouldn't just chill.

"Sasaki! The girl. #10" he showed. "Her name... Argh I can't remember it... I met her just this morning..."

"You met her this morning?" Atsumu raised his brow "Didn't she run away from you?"

"Wh-What? Shut up!" He said "SAYURI! Yes, that's her"

"Sayuri? What a nice name. I don't know if she can actually play. She looks so nice and... poised" Miya said eating his snack.

"Judge all you want, I wouldn't judge Sakusa's girl" he raised his hands.

Miya choked on his snack when she served. The spin on that ball was dangerous.

"What... is that??" He put his snack back into his pocket and ran to the very front to get a better view, with Kiryu right behind him.

"Why haven't I paid attention to her before?!!"

"She's really something" Kiryu said as the stadium roared. "That's a no touch ace."

She dribbled the ball before taking her stance again, waiting for the whistle to blow.

"Sasaki chaaan!!" A few cheered from the crowd. "Nice serve!"

She threw the ball high and ran all the way before jumping really highly and loosely swinging her arm. It would look like a really lethargic serve but she knew how to perfectly calliberate it.

"That's a weird form" Miya said but ate his own words when it speared right through the court.

He couldn't move his jaw anymore. "I think I'm falling"

"You better be ready for Sakusa then" Kiryu said still evilly grinning at her performance. "They could win with just her serves, you know"

"Fire as hell" Miya dreamily watched her play. "She's like a porcelain doll but so darn fierce. I like my women strong like that"

His eyes carelessly went through the crowd and spotted Sakusa anxiously watching her play "Say, Sakusa is really here."

"Why wouldn't he be? He's head over heels for her"

"Ahh, why doesn't my luck shine like his?" Atsumu fake cried. "That lucky prick."

Itachiyama won nationals again. Things between Sayuri and Sakusa seemed to be smoothly sailing until winter break actually began.

"Sayuri, Kiyoomi... you better be home today" his mother chirped early in the morning.

"Is someone coming home today?" She asked before biting into her breakfast.

"Yes, Furutani san's family is coming over for the break" she said and Sakusa choked on his food.

"Nani?" His eyes had a weird glint of sheen. "Is Kiara coming?"

"Of course she is!" She said.

"I'm sorry" Sayuri politely interrupted "Have I seen them... before?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Sayuri. Furutani Shimura owns the largest fisheries in Japan. His family has been close to ours since ages. His daughter, Kiara, and Kiyoomi have been friends since pre school." She said and Sayuri somehow didn't like the idea of it. She didn't know why she wasn't really comfortable.

"I'm sorry I'm late" His father joined them for breakfast.

"Sayuri..." he leaned towards her ear seeing that his mother was too busy to listen "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"Furutani Kiara..." he said "Is my ex"

"WHAT?!"

"Is everything okay?" His mother asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry" she chuckled awkwardly, trying to clear the air "Yes. Sorry"

"What?!" She whisper yelled.

"She was my first girlfriend" he said. "She just got back from the US..."

"And she doesn't know we're engaged yet"