When he pulls away, he says, “No. I'm telling you that the relationship with my mum was about boundaries. I had to listen to her and respect her all of my life, and I expected her to treat me as an adult when I became one. She didn't always agree with my point of view and I didn't always agree with hers, but I expected us to respect each other. It was give and take and communication was really important for me to be close with her.”

Harry nods his head, a ringlet brushing accross Louis' cheek. “So I should listen to my mum and she should listen to me?” he inquires.

“Yeah,” Louis confirms, dragging his fingers in a pattern over Harry's stomach. “Why don't we get some sleep? Rest will do us well, I think.”

“Mmm,” Harry hums his agreement, rolling over on his side. He reaches up for the lamp, turning off the light and turns around, making grabby hands. “Come cuddle me.”

Louis smiles, settling in behind him and wrapping himself around him. He holds him around his waist and kisses the back of Harry's neck, nuzzling in and closing his eyes, spooning him.

“Mmm, before I forget, the guys are going to bring the presents they have for us over on Friday,” Louis tells him. “I was texting them in our group chat earlier. Zinns and I are going to go shopping for their gifts tomorrow before she goes to her parents' house.”

“Alright,” Harry replies. “Can I go?”

“Thought you'd want to spend time with your mum and sister,” Louis says.

Harry sighs, lacing their fingers together. “Can we see how it goes tomorrow morning?”

“Listen, baby, I kind of just wanted to hang out with Zinnia one on one,” Louis responds. “Let's make a deal: you spend one full day with your mum and sister and I'll take you out on a proper dinner date tomorrow night. Sound okay?”

“Yeah, sounds okay,” Harry answers. “Can we sleep now? I'm tired and I'd like to be able to face my mum tomorrow without being exhausted.”

“Okay. I love you,” Louis murmurs.

“I love you, too,” Harry says back.

Harry stays awake for a long time, thinking, and when he wakes up in the morning, he doesn't feel as rested as he'd like to be.

Louis is cuddled up to him anymore. Instead, he's face down, cheek smushed against a pillow. A smile quirks the edges of Harry's lips up and he kisses his cheek before getting up off the bed. He pulls on a T-shirt of Louis' and a pair of sweatpants before heading to the kitchen, where he can hear his mother.

As he passes the living room, he stares at Gemma's sleeping face, her conked out on the air mattress. She's on her back, one arm sprawled out over her face and the other over her stomach. There's a smudge of drool on the corner of her mouth and her dyed blonde hair is ratted up. Harry smiles at her, feeling his heart flutter. He's missed his sister so much.