Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"We know. But we want this and we're more than ready." She said, not stopping the smile on her face as she looked back down at little Tommy. "I honestly can't wait."

The bell to the door sounded, letting Chris and Jasmine know there was a customer. But the voices they heard quickly told them they weren't customers.

"I'm just saying, maybe you should talk to him a bit more. He is your cousin." Kate spoke.

"I know but he's an adult now. He's gonna use the argument he can do what he likes." Edmund replied as the two came to the back of the shop, where Jasmine and Chris were stood. "Hey guys." Ed nodded to them both.

"Oh, hi Tommy!" Kate waved to the little boy, then looked to Jasmine. "Hey. You're looking better."

"I guess so. But that's probably because I know why I was so ill before. I'm glad you're both here, I wanted to tell you together." Jasmine replied, and Kate's eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay. Don't feel good about your tone but continue." Ed said.

"I'm pregnant." Jasmine said, and after a moment of silence, Kate screamed loudly and hugged the pregnant woman.

"Jesus, Kate." Edmund muttered, scratching the inside of his ear with his finger.

"Sorry. But, that's amazing, Jas. I'm so happy for you and Peter." Kate said, a big smile on her face.

"Although it is a little earlier than we thought." Edmund said, making Kate snap her head to him and drop her smile. She slightly shook her head, and he quickly realised what he said. "I mean, cause we thought you'd wait a bit longer after you married. But, we're happy none the less." He smiled and wrapped his arms around Jasmine.

Kate put her had in her hand and shook her head.

"You okay, Kate?" Chris asked her.

"Yeah. Just dating an idiot." She replied.

--

Four Months Later
-Month Five of pregnancy-

Peter walked into the kitchen to find his wife eating a bowl of broccoli she had cooked for herself. He placed the shopping bags he had on the counter and started taking out what he had bought. He looked over to Jas and smiled, but then actually got a good look at what she had in the bowl she was eating from.

"The hell are you eating?" He asked.

"Broccoli." She answered.

"Yeah, but...is that sauce on it?"

"Mayonnaise." She replied, putting another piece of broccoli topped with mayonnaise in her mouth to eat.

"Broccoli and mayonnaise?" He asked in surprise/disgust.

"Yes, I know it's weird. But I've been getting these weird cravings for a week now. According to Ellie, pregnancy does that to you."

"Do you want anymore?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine, thank you." She said, eating another piece of sauce topped broccoli and humming at how good it tasted. Peter's face scrunched up, very confused on how that combination could be anywhere near good to eat.

"Anywho." He sighed then brought a bag from the counter to the table. "Look what I bought." He brought out the cutest little pair of socks Jasmine had ever seen. They had flowers on them and were obviously too small for Jas herself. "They're for the baby. You like?"

"Peter, they're so cute." She leaned foreword and took the socks in her hands. She almost melted at how small and cute they were.

"And I got this too." He lifted out a small onesie, also for the baby. "Honestly, I could have bought the whole shop. Baby clothes are so cute."