Chapter 6: Never Fear, The Pillars Are Here!

Start from the beginning

His hands reached out, as if he was trying grab something, find something. Tomioka watched with silence as the body attempted to find the warmth you emitted. You watch with tears in your eyes as it collapsed just in front of you.

You leaned forward, placing the remains on your lap. Your warm hand rubbed it's back with Tanjiro mirroring your gesture. Rui's eyes widened as he felt the warmth radiating from both of your hands.

All that was left was the clothes he wore. A foot stepped onto his clothes as you glanced up. The Water Pillar stared down at you three.

" Don't feel sorry for a demon who ate people, it doesn't matter if he had the form of a child. "

" He's an unsightly monster who lived for tens, hundreds, thousandsof years. " You shook your head, opening your mouth to say something before Tanjiro beat you to it.

" To dispel the regrets of those killed, to stop any more victims from appearing... I will relentlessly wield my blade against the demons, and that's a fact. " He gritted his teeth, giving Tomioka an angered look. " But I will not trample on the pains of being a demon! Nor on those who regret their actions! " He shuffled, pulling his head away from your shoulder.

" Because demons were humans... Because they were humans just like us! " He finished, huffing.

" So please get your foot off, Tomioka. He isn't an unsightly monster. Demons are lifeless beings, sorrowful beings. " You swatted his feet away as he finally stepped off. You folded the clothes before placing Nezuko on your lap, inspecting if there were any remaining wounds.

Eyes widening, Tomioka mumbled something under his breath. You felt a presence behind you, footsteps rapidly running towards your direction.

He pushed all three of you onto the ground before drawing out his blade. Sword clashing with another, you witness as another figure landed opposite of you. " Oh? Why are you getting in the way, Tomioka? " A familiar voice called out. He kneeled in front of you, his sword stretched out.

" You said we can't get along with demons, but what's this all about? If you do this, everyone will hate you. " The female continued on. Your eyes widened in realization, the female before you was none other then Kocho Shinobu, the Insect Pillar.

She pointed her sword at Tomioka, her smile never faltering. " Okay, Tomioka get out of the way. "

" I.. I don't think I'm disliked. " Those words hit you like a truck, who knew Tomioka actually cared about that?

Shinobu apologized, a sad smile gracing her features. " I didn't realize you were unaware. That was uncalled for. " The words seemed to pierce through him, making him fall silent.

Both you and Tanjiro stared at him in disbelief before being called out which startled you both. " Yes? " You both say in unison. She cupped a hand near her mouth as if the message was just meant for you two.

" What you're protecting there is a demon. Please get off her, it's dangerous! " Tanjiro mumbled, trying to explain the situation while the female stared at him with pity. You brush a couple of H/C strands out of your face, clutching Nezuko in your arms.

" Can you move? Even if you can't, will yourself to move. " Tomioka glanced at you before nodding, motioning for Tanjiro to get onto your back. " Kawasaki, take them and run. "

You heaved yourself up with ease as you proceeded to flee. " I'm sorry! Thank you very much, Tomioka-san, Y/N-chan! " Tanjiro held onto you as if his life depended on it. You found the box, grabbing it on your way pass.

" Y/N-chan's strength is amazing! Even when she's tired, she's able to carry us and run with ease. I'll have to return the favour, one day for sure! " Staring at your face with awe, he listened to your calm breathing which relaxed him a bit.

Feeling a sudden presence follow you, you dodged as dust surrounded where you were once standing. You pick up the speed, deciding to leap from tree to tree. With all this weight, it was a big risk that you might hurt yourself.

"Focus Y/N, focus on revealing the identity of the person behind you." Eyes closing, a faint image of a girl running behind you appearing while butterflies danced around her. "Shinobu? No... Kanao." Feeling the presence close, you opened your eyes once again before throwing Tanjiro and Nezuko in the air while you backed up, trapping Kanao beneath you. "Nezuko! RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!"

The said female scrambled up and ran along the path. Glancing upwards to spot Tanjiro, you spread out your arms to catch him. Seeing you distracted, Kanao took this chance to kick you forward and chase down Nezuko while Tanjiro lands on top of your back.

Swinging her sword, Nezuko turned her head to look at the female chasing her. Just in time, Nezuko shrank as Kanao's sword sliced nothing but air. "She turned into a child." She glanced up at the demon who was still fleeing, thoughts surrounding her mind. "She's running away, not even trying to attack. Don't think too much, just do as you're told and hunt demons."

===

Feeling the intense pain on your back and arm, you groan, opening your eyes to see a figure waving at you. "Y/N-chan! Y/N-chan! Are you okay?" You sit up. You glance up at him and sighed in relief. "Tanjiro-kun don't worry, I've experienced worse." Your eyes widened in realization, looking around the area to spot your demon friend.

"N-nezuko! Where's Nezuko?" You stood up but quickly kneeled back down as pain coursed through your back, making you wince. Flapoing could be heard as several crows fill the sky, each one hollering out the same message.

"I have a message from headquarters! Caw!" Tanjiro held you close, both of you listening to the message that spread out. "Bring them back! Bring them back! Caw!"

"Tanjiro, dressed in a checkered haori with a scar on his forehead!"

"Nezuko, a demon with a bamboo muzzle!"

"Bring them back! Bring them back! Caw!"

You sigh in relief, knowing that they were no longer going to be in harm. Pain overtaking your body, your vision became blurry. The last thing you saw was a blur of black, green, yellow and red before you finally passed out.