When Last Autumn Leaf Falls

Season Novella 1

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either a products of author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual person living or dead or actual events are purely coincidental.

Written by: Johanne
All Right Reserved 2020

****

School Entrance SY. 2017-2018

Everybody walking in a hurry while the other are running towards the entrance of the school. The current time is almost a quarter of the hour before the start of the class. Where the students are busy to run so that they can able to use some of their remaining minutes to study or finish some of their undone task.

A young lady smiling happily as she enter the school gate while jumping, skipping the next block and jump to the other block. Then, she suddenly stops in walking, jumping and stayed in the sheltered tree near the school gate. With her hands are pulling the sling of her shoulder bag.

While she loooking at the presents of the old tree with its tangerine leaves that anytime the ground will pull it so that it will fall.

"Shoot! I got it!" a three words she said after she jumped in the air. As she able to regain her gravity weight as she slowly pull her hand above to see the tangerine leaf that she catched in the air. A simple smile flustered in her lips and forming a crescent moon in her eyes are the things that she has. Portraying a bubbly face.

Everyone was too busy in running they can't even notice the young lady that stayed looking up high as the gravity continues to pull the leaf from falling. She just continues to watch it, while twisting the stem of the leaf that she catched.

"Are you a student?" a manly voice could stop her from twisting the stem and could turn her head back in its position.

His manly voice doesn't fit in his attire and looks. A down hair without any cream that being applied. A t-shirt that not good pair in his pants. Lastly, the eyeglass that has a big lining grid and big frame are not fit in his face.

"amm" as she answered, walking near to the guy that talked. While her hands crossing from her back.

"Well, You can see" as she pull her ID lace to let him see the logo of the school. While smiling at him. Only the ID lace she shows to the guy. She tries to talk again but the guy already had the floor to talk first.

"Then, Lady you must go. In school rules article 5 section 1 students should not be cutting in their first sub." he said and left her smiling and feel being scolded.

"Then Mister School Rules, did you not ever think to disobey some of the school rules?" to prolong their conversation. To make it more long as what she wanted. The guy stops in walking and face again the lady.

"No" he said not wasting a saliva to their conversation. As he go left the Lady and continues to walk.

She just follow the steps of the guy. Literally following the steps. The guy's steps will be her guide in walking towards to him. She is happily following him while smiling from ear to ear.

Also because the guy is not too fast to walk or he make it slow for her that made her giggled on what she's thinking.

When the heared it "what?" she's about to shout in shock hearing the voice of the man she follows.

Upon looking at his eyes she can say that this guy can kill a person in just staring it. His eyebrows that cross to each other made her weak.

She just want to run and hide. She's afraid to say something to him that make their conversation turns into a minute.

He keeps on crossing his eyebrows while looking at the Lady.

"amm," as he cross her hands in his chest center while rising an eybrow to her.

"Nothing to say Miss Look-up?" as he continued his attitude towards to the girl.

After he didn't get a responds to the Lady he walks again.

"Wait!" as he felt the soft touch in his arms that made him stops again in walking.

"Well, Can you see-" she is being stops as the guy cut off her sentence.

"Direct".

"Amm, They said that when you catches the first leaf of the autumn season in the particular tree that you've been watching everyday. The first leaf that fall or you catched give it to the person that talks to you while your looking up in the tree"

She smile after she tell to the guy about the stories that she used to read.

"Fictional, You don't even knows that the tree has the probably lost its first leaf without you knowing it. Stop your fictional mind. Live in the reality. Lady" as he shake his head continue to walks again.

She grabs his arms to stop him from walking.
"Just take it. In this moment let me feel that feeling being accepted"

She open the hand of the guy and put the tangerine leaf in his palm. And run towards the other side of the school campus.

He stops for a while and then throw the leaf on the floor.

"There's no such kind like stories. It is just a fairytale" while fixing his hair that been out of style because of the strong wind.

The wind blows stronger, as the leaves continues to fall. Where the leaves are dancing through the bit of the wind.

let me feel that

feeling being accepted

being accepted

Accpted

The words are keep on bothering him. Remembering the scene in the morning made him felt guilt and stupid. The lady wants just to accept the leaf! And nothing more! But its a childish act!

But also he thinks that, should she never live in fictional world it is just a stories that written by the people without pulling their sleeves to throw what they feel -- express what they want to expressed.

He continue to read the book in front of him. Pero kahit konting knowledge in the book, his brain cell not functioning right a way. Hindi agad agad natatanggap ng utak niya ang mga salitang binabasa niya sa librong iyon.

"Wala akong magagawa if lagi ko na lang na iisip yun. I need to freshen up" he close the thick book about the constitution of his country and walks to the bookshelf where he get the book.

"thank you" as the librarian said to him. He just noded and get his ID from the librarian.

If he keeps on thinking what the lady said he will out of focus the second sem finals is almost approaching he needs to be on top so the school will granted him the scholarship for his college years!.

He pulls the exit door of the library. When a strong wind approach him and let his hair dance in the wind.

As he steps outside, the library hallway is covered with the dried leaves and the wind makes it more stronger.

"Diba wala namang bagyong natatama."said by the lady wearing a lab gown.

"yeys, girl! Sabi nga daw na dry season naman ngayon eh!"

"Tanga bakla! Almost pa hindi pa naman dry season" pagtapik niya sa kasama niyang studyante.

He stayed a long time in the exit of the library to witness ang mga punong unting unting naglalagas ang mga dahon nito.

"The autumn breeze" no words can explain why he said that. He shook his head and continue to walks where the students are now in the court for some orientation.