Chapter 3: Unexpected Reunion

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the sounds of drums could be heard. You eyes widened as you hugged the children close, witnessing a bloody body flying out of the house. "Don't look, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, go check out the body!" You patted their heads, distracting them from witnessing anything even more gruesome.

"T-that isn't our brother, our b-brother was w-wearing yellowish brown clothes." The boy stuttered out. You glanced back, sighing in relief knowing it isn't their brother. You stood up, holding the children close.

"Zenitsu! Y/N! Let's go!" Zenitsu's face was drenched in sweat, fear over taking his features as he shook his head. A shadow casted onto Tanjiro's face, freaking out Zenitsu as he started apologizing.

You shook your head at them. You brought the kids behind a few bushes that were near the house. " You two stay here, alright?" They both nodded, holding each other close. Tanjiro placed his box onto the ground. "I'm placing this box here in case of danger, whatever happens, it will protect you." He reassured them.

=============================

You held onto the hands of both Teruko and Shoichi, walking into the house. Earlier, they both ran in, frightened by the box. You sigh as they walk close to you. You stopped once the sound of drums once again echoed through the hallway.

Zenitsu jumped up slightly, his butt bumping into both Teruko and Tanjiro who retreated into a different room. You reached out to Teruko but they suddenly disappeared, leaving you in shock.

Zenitsu ran beside you, clinging onto your haori in fear. "Y/N-CHAN, PLEASE PROTECT MEEE! I DON'T WANNA DIE, I DON'T WANNA DIE, I DON'T WANNA DIEEEEE!" You winced at his loud voice, as you tried to call out for the other two but with no avail.

"Zenitsu-san, isn't it shameful that you're not able to defend yourself? Are you just going to cry about dying? Poor Y/N-chan has to protect us both when you can clearly defend yourself." Oof,  Shoichi's words hit hard.

"N-no way!" You turned towards Zenitsu's direction, raising a brow. "What's wrong Zenitsu? Did you find something?" You and Shoichi peeked behind Zenitsu's tall figure, confused as to why the exit wasn't there.

He opened the door. Inside, you saw a man with a boar mask on. You recognized him as the one from Final Selection who tried to battle you.

"MONSTERRRR!" Zenitsu screamed out, as the said figure leaped and went through another door. Zenitsu clung onto you, you patting his head as reassurance. Shoichi looked at him, clearly unimpressed.

=============================

You've been walking around for a while, staying at the back of the group. Zenitsu lead the group hand in hand with Shoichi. Shoichi suddenly spoke which freaked Zenitsu out as he crouched in front of Shoichi, mumbling intensely. You sweatdropped but then sense two souls nearby.

You stayed alert, urging Zenitsu to be quiet but he kept hollering on and on. Suddenly, two demons appeared, both identical with bothe their tongues sticking out. The one nearest to you seemed bigger however and it was slithering closer.

"YOU SEE!!! DEMONS DID APPEAR, NOT TO MENTION TWO OF THEM! I TOLD YOU TO BE QUIETTTTT!" He screeched, holding both of us tight.

You look around for an opening and picked up both Shoichi and Zenitsu in your arms, slinging them both over your shoulder. Jumping up while avoiding attacks were proven hard so you decided to take one for the team.