Chapter 1

The island was finally starting to settle again when she arrived. It was like the wind knew a force of nature was here as soon as her Louboutin hit the pier. The ocean grew choppy as the wind picked up to greet the girl that had been gone too long. The OBX princess was back and she was here to stay. She collected her belongings and waited for the crew to unload her vehicle before hitting the roads of the town she called home.

Scarlett Cameron had been away for far too long. As the prodigy of the family, she excelled in everything she did. That included graduating from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill at 19 and running Cameron Development on the mainland. She had more than proved herself to her father and was finally ready to take over figure eight and eventually the OBX.

She zoomed through neighborhoods dripping with privilege before pulling into the biggest house on the island, Tanneyhill. She got out and locked the brand new graduation present that she got herself before barging into the home she once knew.

"Scarlett?" Rose said shocked at her oldest daughter. The girl initially detested her step mother, but quickly learned when they got married that in order to get everything she wanted, she had to be nice to the new Mrs. Cameron. Over the years, Scar got to close to the woman and actually loved her as a maternal figure.

"Mama Rose." She greeted as her stepmother pulled her in for a tight squeeze. The commotion in the foyer caused her youngest sister wheezie to approach the room. As soon as she saw her favorite sibling, she ran rampant to join their hug.

"Hi to you too Wheez." Scar smiled as he kissed her little sisters head. The female Camerons reunion was cut short when Ward could be heard yelling at his remaining daughter on the side porch. Sarah came storming into the house and up the staircase but not before acknowledging her older sister. Her presence only seemed her annoy Sarah more as she screamed and ran up the staircase.

"Nothings changed I see." Scar joked to her mother and youngest sister.

Ward was hot on Sarah's trail aiming to finish the conversation when he saw his oldest daughter. Her presence was a welcomed feeling as he ran to embrace her tightly. She was no doubt his favorite. Rafe was his first born and the only male, Sarah was his spoilt princess and Wheezie was his little girl, but Scarlett, well Scarlett was his everything. She had her daddy wrapped around her finger the day she and Rafe were born and never let go.

"Daddy" she smiled as she embraced her old man. Although she spoke to her father at least 4 times a week, she hasn't seen him since his last visit to UNC. The girl had skipped her own graduation for an internship in New York City so being home in the middle of summer was her reward for a job well done.

"I've missed you so much princess. You don't know how happy I am to have you back." Ward replied. Rose and Wheezie noticed an emotion from Ward that he never showed to them. The father had tears of joy in his eyes at having his golden child back with him for the long haul. Rose was just happy that her oldest daughter might be able to clear some tension within the family while Wheezie was happy her favorite was home.

"I'm glad to be back Daddy and to stay for a while." She smiled as her father released her.

Ward kept his grip on the girl for the rest of the afternoon and they caught up over lunch. She caught him up on New York and Cameron Development on the mainland. At 19, his daughter had managed to net them quite a profit on her first solo development. He had even let her keep the entire profit as a sign of good faith.

"Where's Rafe?" Scar asked. She had yet to see her twin and it had been nearly 5 hours since she set foot on the island.

"You know him, probably fucking around." Ward dismissed. He had a short temper with his son and wished more than anything that he would be more like his sister.

"Don't worry Daddy i'm here to whip that boy into shape. There can only be one disappointment in the family and it seems like Sarah has that covered." She laughed. Her relationship with her little sister was rocky to say the least. Sarah just couldn't stand that her father favored her sister so much that she acted out toward her.

"Don't get me started on your sister." Ward groaned.

Scarlett unpacked before deciding that a good soak was much needed. She threw on a bikini and grabbed a bottle of champagne before lying on a pool lounger.

"Lettie?" A voice boomed from the doorway. The girl removed her sunglasses to see her favorite sibling, Rafe.

She smiled at her brother as he came over and scooped her up off the lounger. Rafe was so excited that his twin was back in town. When she was here, everyone was happier, excluding Sarah, and Ward seemed to hate him a lot less.

"I'm so happy to see you." Scar said with tears in her eyes. Being away from her twin was one of the hardest things she ever did. They talked everyday, but not being able to hug him in months took a toll on the girl.

"I missed you so much babes you have no idea." Rafe cried as he refused to let go. His twin just nuzzled his neck and did the same. Rafe and Scarlett were the closest twins you have ever seen. They were complete opposites who melted into each other from the day they were born.

"Missed you more bubba." Scar said as she leaned away from her brother to wipe her eyes. Unbeknownst to them, Ward was watching from his bedroom window. He hoped nothing for more than for his oldest daughter to create something out of her twin. He wanted his two oldest children to be the best they could and lately Rafe had been the exact opposite. On the side of the house, Sarah was also watching her sibling's reunion. She always envied the relationship they had. Rafe saw Sarah as nothing but a nuisance, but Scarlett was his heart and soul. He would lay down his life for her just as his father would do the same and Sarah despised her for it.

The internal turmoil within the only Cameron boy seemed to settle now that his sister was here. The OBX Princess was here to save him.