𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟖

Start from the beginning

"I cannot believe this plane has Netflix, this is the dream" Josh announced proudly and I bet he could sense me looking over to him with amused eyes.

"Joshua Taylor Bassett ladies and gents, just needs the small things in life" I retorted and his high-pitched giggle made me grin.

The safety procedures started but as each sentence was spoken I grew more nervous, this was really happening. It was barely a two hour flight but every worst-case scenario plagued my brain. I watched too many conspiracy theories.

But it's like Josh could sense my nerves again, he whispered to me so I looked over to him and his hand was placed out in front of us.

"Do you wanna hold my hand as we take off, j-just so you're holding onto - something?" he suddenly got nervous as he started processing what he was saying. But the most grateful smile crossed my face.

"Don't mind the sweat okay" I answered simply as I placed my hand in his.

"I'm prepared for my hand to go purple don't worry" he replied and I let out a small laugh.

I'm glad he was, because the next thing I knew I was squeezing the life out of his hand and I couldn't stop blabbering that we were moving - yeah no shit Addie. But he just continued to talk to me, probably annoying the surrounding passengers until we finally took off and rested in the air.

"Okay I need distractions, question is what do we watch" I said in a rush after we could finally turn our screens on.

"Don't worry I've thought of something you'd like" Josh replied and I looked over to his screen with furrowed brows. But once I saw it, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face - he knew me so well.

"Yes yes yes we are so watching She's The Man baby!" I squealed as I suddenly started punching his arm out of excitement. He chuckled at how I mimicked the way he says 'baby', also seeming very proud of himself.

"Okay maybe I won't hate this flight." I muttered cheekily after putting in his spare earphone.

"And my job is done" he whispered back, making me shake my head but my heart just had to do that 'skipping a beat' thing.

____________

"Alright we're just gonna head straight for the hotel okay, we'll get some dinner before we gotta go to East High tomorrow" Chelsea detailed. Josh and I both agreed before she needed to take a phone call. She simply trailed behind us as we took our luggage.

We had just finished our game of two truths one lie where we learned a lot about each other's stupidest fears, celebrity crushes and embarrassing moments. I kept playing with the tassels on his beanie as he spoke, there was just no care in the world. But then I looked forward again.

Two girls were practically jittering about 10 metres away from us, phones in hand and whispering to each other copiously, the cameras already seemed to be in use. They had no luggage but seemed to be just waiting at the entrance.

Josh hadn't even noticed since he was so into his story, but I alarmed him as I quickly created a space between us and he looked forward as well.

He looked mildly shocked, "They knew we were coming?" he muttered so only I could hear.

"Knew you were coming, you said it on your live genius" I whispered back.

"But how did they know it was today -"

"Joshua? Hiii" one of the girls said shyly as she gripped tightly onto her phone. Her nerves when seeing him was honestly adorable, it made me so happy to see that people admired Josh this much.