𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇

PARADISE ON EARTH
( synopsis! )

Dylan Harper was not like any kook who lived on Figure Eight. She's always hated the high life and luxury that was just handed to her without a blink while the people on the Cut struggled to even make ends meet. It just wasn't fair to her. Her parents were born and raised on the mainland where her grandparents made their fortunes by being big time directors. Her mother inherited millions—close to billions—of dollars and moved her family out on Figure Eight. Dylan wasn't born on the island, but she was raised there and she considered it her home.

Her father was trying to make it seem like he was the moneymaker of the family, but that really wasn't the case. To Dylan and everyone else who knew her family, it seemed like he was jealous of his wife's success and craved for his own. So, Mr. Harper met with Ward Cameron and they got together on a little bet. Dylan isn't quite sure what, but all she knew was Ward and Andrew ( her father ) were pretty close. That meant that Sarah and Dylan has spent some time together and had grown to each other's company.

Her parents wanted to send Dylan to "Kook Academy" with all the other rich kids so she could at least fit in. But Dylan didn't like anybody from Figure Eight, they were all spoiled and selfish kids were only cared for daddy's money. So, Dylan begged and begged to go to "normal" school, one where it wasn't private and filled with stuck up people. After months and months of convincing, they finally agreed—much to their disappointment and dismay. But it made Dylan happy.

Art first, everyone hated her. They all thought she was ungrateful for what she was given and called her a traitor to her own kind. It hurt her feelings a bit with the constant comments at were thrown at her, but after a year, everyone finally started to warm up to her. At first, she made friends with the Pogues. John B, Kiara, Pope, and last but not least, JJ. They didn't care that she was technically a kook in sheep's clothing, and she was forever grateful.

But when she met JJ, she was completely starstruck. His dirty-blonde hair was hanging over his face and he had on this smug smirk that could melt her heart for days. Dylan tried to make her feelings invisible whenever she was around him in fear that something would happen to their friendship. And then one day, Kiara suddenly became a kook and went to Kook Academy.

One day, Dylan visited Kiara where she lived and ran into Rafe—who at the time wasn't so crazy. He sweet talked her and one thing led to another and they started dating. The three year age gape wasn't a big deal for the two and everyone seemed to actually support them. All except for the Pogues. They acted like they were happy for her new found lifestyle on Figure Eight, but they were secretly judging her. Especially JJ who seemed a little disappointed in her.

Then, just like it happened, Kiara finally got out of the school and Dylan broke up with Rafe for his erratic behavior. Everything went back to normal—until Big John went missing on his boat. She was there for John B just like everyone was and even camped at his house for the first few nights the cops broke the news to him. Through that time, John B and Dylan formed a bond that not even Dylan and the rest had.

But through that time that Dylan has spent at John B's, she also saw JJ a lot more. And her feelings slowly returned to the surface with much embarrassment. But this time she didn't try to hide it much and actually was trying to show that she was attracted to him. But JJ always played blind and thought she was just joking around. So, Dylan decided to stick to that idea; that she was just joking around.

Fast forward and they come across a wreck. One thing leads to another and they're all searching for the Royal Merchant that sank with gold. At first she thinks it's a stupid idea, but then after some convincing she was on board. They all go through highs and lows of finding the gold and even relay on unlikely allies in order to pull the whole thing off. But most of all, Dylan finally shows her love and affection to the broken JJ. Just to be left without love in return.

Every love story begins with some angst, though. Right?

disclaimer!
so, i do not own outer banks or the any of the plot/characters. all i own is dylan and some side characters along with her plot. this is an unrequited love story and there will be some points where all hope seems lost, but hang in there! there is also cursing and drug/substance abuse, and even though i will never write smut, some heavy scenes.