She swore at that moment she felt her heart shatter to pieces after hearing him say that. She retracts her hand away from his cheeks as her frown deepens while looking at him.

"W-wha? Why?" she croaks out, hoping for an answer.

He looks up at her with a glare. "You annoy me and you tease me way too much. " he answers a little more harshly than he intended.

"Is that so?" she replies with great sadness as she looks at anything but him.

He nods in reply, grabbing her by the wrist and pulls her behind the tree.

"H-hey! Let go of me!" she demands as she struggled against his grip.

Giyuu immediately lets go of her once they had reached behind the tree, pulling something out from his pocket and handing it out to her.

"A carving knife?" she asks with a raised brow.

He nods while taking her hand in his and placing the knife into her palms, "I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore." he says with a smile, removing his hands from hers as he walks behind her and grabs her by the shoulders, pushing her closer to the tree.

"H-hey what are you doing?" she asks angrily, while turning to look at him.

He takes her hand, the one which was holding the carving knife, and uses it to stab the knife onto the tree.

This made her turn to look at the tree in confusion as she looks at it, there were words carved onto it.

Her eyes widen once she had finished reading it, the carving knife falling to the ground due to her shock as she brings her hands up to cover her mouth, tears welling up in her eyes.

To be signed by Kochou Shinobu if she agrees to marry Tomioka Giyuu.

She turns to look at Giyuu who was now standing beside her with a smile on his face, his cheeks reddened just a little.

"You annoy me and tease me way too much. But those are one of the many things I can boldly say I love about you." He whispers while directly looking into her eyes.

"There's so much more than that, but words can't describe it." he continues while kneeling down on one knee, "That's why I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore."

He places the bouquet of flowers beside him before taking both of her hands in his and boldly looks directly into her eyes.

"I know it's still quite early considering that you've just gotten back a few months ago. But without a doubt, I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

He removes one of his hands from hers and takes something out from his pocket, it was a small box.

"I would like you to be my wife instead." he says with a smile as he opens the box to reveal a ring.

"Kochou Shinobu, will you marry me?"

Tears were running down her cheeks by the time he was done. She removes her hands from his to wipe her own tears away.

"Yes!" she says happily with a smile.

Giyuu immediately stood up and takes her hands away from her face to wipe her tears with his own hands, feeling his own tears run down his cheeks.

The both of them continued to cry while smiling at each other, wiping their tears away from one another.

Though, suddenly, Shinobu slaps his shoulder, hard.

"You idiot! Don't you dare scare me like that ever again!" she exclaimed before pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Im sorry." Giyuu whispered apologetically while rubbing her head soothingly as she continues to cry.

Few moments later, Shinobu had finally managed to calm down as she pulls herself away from the embrace and looks up at him with a wide smile.

Giyuu reciprocates the smile with his own and takes her hand in his, inserting the ring onto her ring finger.

She removes her hand from his to admire the ring. "It's beautiful." she whispered quietly while staring at the ring in amazement.

"How did you get my finger's measurement?" she asks quietly while smiling at him.

"I had Kanae to measure your finger while you were asleep." he answered her with a smile.

"It was embarassing, honestly. Asking your parents for permission for your hand in marriage." he shyly admits, averting his gaze away from her.

Shinobu smiles brightly at him before pulling his head down to kiss him deeply which he reciprocates immediately.

Seconds later, the both of them remove themselves from each other. With a smile, she picks the carving knife up from the ground and carves her own signature onto the tree, right below his carved words.

Once she was done, she turns to him with a smile. "Let's go." she says happily as the both of them walked out of the forest with their fingers intertwined together.

~~~

Giyuu had decided to pay Sabito a visit the next day to update him on what has been going on with his life the past few years.

"Hello Sabito, sorry for not visiting you for a long time." Giyuu says with a sad smile. "How's life up there?"

Not expecting a response, he kneels down to place the flowers he had bought infront of the gravestone. "Life has been pretty good to me."

"Remember Kochou? The young girl that I've fallen for at first sight? I proposed to her yesterday." he says with a smile before continuing, "She accepted my proposal."

"I honestly don't deserve this life." he croaks out, "You should've been the one alive right now, not me. You shouldn't have saved me from that accident."

"But at the same time- Thank you. Thank you for saving me. Without you, I wouldn't be living the life I have right now."

"If you were here right now, you'd probably tell me to stop my pathetic grovelling and live my life to the fullest." he says with a sad smile.

"I know your final wish was to not blame myself for your death but how could I?"

"How could I? When I'm over here getting married while you're dead. I don't deserve this." he says as his tears threatened to fall from his eyes.

"Tomioka-san, that's enough." Shinobu suddenly says while looking down at him sadly, placing her hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Sabito-san wouldn't be happy if he heard that. He sacrificed himself for you to live."

"Please don't say that you don't deserve this. Sabito-san didnt sacrifice himself for you to say that." she whispered quietly as she brings him to a hug while rubbing his back soothingly.

Giyuu hugs her back as he cries into her shoulder. "There there, let it all out." she says soothingly.

Moments later, Giyuu had managed to recover and he turns back to look at the gravestone infront of him. "Thank you Sabito." he says quietly before standing up to leave alongside with Shinobu.

A small breeze of wind blew past them, as if it was Sabito whispering a small "Your welcome."

~~~

A/N: Um... I don't really know how weddings work so please forgive me if its bad. The last time I've been to one was when I was three and I dont even remember anything about it.

Now I wonder how I'll write Giyuu and Shinobu's wedding- crap.

I've decided that this story will end at chapter 12. Thank you all so much for your support throughout these chapters! I really appreciate it :)!

And with that, sorry for any grammatical errors. I dont reread the chapters anymore because by the time I'm done, im sleepy as hell- and I have no idea why. Even if its morning, afternoon, evening and night.