Prologue

I open my eyes groggily, head throbbing in pain. I let out a low groan, I go to hold my head only to find myself strapped down against a cold, metal table.

I look around, beginning to panic and thrash about against the straps, only for them to dig into my wrists causing me to hiss in pain and pause.

Then the memories hit me like a truck.

(Flash back brought to you by soup dad)

I was wondering the city, looking for a place to sleep or maybe a quick bite to eat. I dont remember anything leading up to the day I woke up under an old rusty bridge. Though I didnt have time to worry about my life as I needed shelter. So I set off to find said shelter.

Although I was interrupted as I noticed a black van slowing to a stop.

Assuming they were just parking I didn't pay any mind to it and that was a grave mistake as before I know it the door swings open and a pair of arms wrap around my waist hoisting me into the van.

I begin to struggle as a wierd smelling cloth is shove on my mouth knocking me out cold.

(End flashback)

"W-where am I-I??" I shout, cursing myself for stuttering.

I look up to see a person looking like a doctor towering over me, a surgical mask across his mouth.

"No need to panic young lady!" He says to me. "W-why am i-i on a t-table??" I ask, my voice shaking.

"Because you'd run away silly! We can't be having that, can we?" He responds.

"W-who are you?? What are you g-going to d-do to me..?" I stutter, trying to cower away, only to stay in place due to the restraints.

"I can't tell you who I am. And I can't tell you what I'll do.." he says.

"W-why n-not?!" I shout. Damn stutters.

"Because it's a secret! And it's fun to have a mystery!" He replies giddily.

"I-I wanna g-go h-home!" I cry out.

"Well I'm sorry dear but you're not going home!" He says.

"W-why?? L-let me g-go!" I begin to cry out of fear, only getting slapped in response. "Be quiet dear! We can't get to work if you're crying all the time!"

After two days of torture. It comes down to the third day. More needles, more experiments- "I wanna go home!" I choke out.

"You can't! I still have so much to do--" A door opens from upstairs. The crazed maniac looks at the door.

I look at the door aswell, with hopeful eyes. A girl around the same age as me, makes her way down the steps.

"H-help me!" I shout, only to get slapped yet again. "What have I said about shouting?!" He shouts. I begin to whimper.

The girl reaches the bottom. Purple hair reaching her shoulders.

I look at her with tears in my eyes. "Vanessa! What have I told you about coming down here while I'm working--" The crazed man shouts at her.

"Help me.." I mouth to her.

"Momma told me she wants to talk to you. Right now.." she glances at me. Mouthing 'I will'

I mouth back a quick 'thank you' The crazy walks off out of the room, shouting; "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!" he leaves.

"Thank you..!" I say to her. She walks over to me, unstarapping the restraints.

"How can I repay you..?" I ask.

"Well I'm going to have to do something first.." she replies. "Hm?" I hum, not knowing what she means.

She points to the wall. "Look there."

"Okayyyy.." I give her a look of suspicion before turning to look at the wall, only to get smacked over the head.

I wake up back on the streets. "W-what the fuck..? Maybe it was just a dream.." I trail off looking around only seeing the same rusty old bridge. Startled I pat my head feeling two triangular fluffy ears on my head. Beginning to panic I look behind me to see a fluffy white tail.

My breath quickens as I give it a firm tug, yelping at the quick pain I just put upon myself. I look at my arms and legs seeing spots sprinkled everywhere from the needles, and cuts from the "punnishments."

Putting a hand to my right eye, I take it away to see blood on my hand. "Fucking shit dude.. What did he do to me?!" Tears sting the corner of my eyes as I register everything that happened.

"Get ahold of yourself, Brooke.." I wipe the tears on my arm and sniffle slightly. "We need to suck it up and cover this shit.. Its night time anyway so I'll just sneak around, nobody will notice. "

So thats exactly what I did. I set off first to a closed clothes shop. I stole a few articles of clothing (outfits in last chapter) and a backpack, quickly booking it before they could see me. I duck into and alley way and change my clothes into a black hoodie, blue ripped jeans and a black beanie. Obviously I make sure to tuck away my ears and tail.

I proceed to shove the rest of my clothes into the backpack and I then casually stroll into a drug store for some bandages. Walking into said isle I grab what I need and book it out the store, cashier yelling behind me as I leave them in the dust.

Of course I feel bad, but I don't have any cash and I'm wounded. They surely should understand..

Anyway, I run back to the bridge and immediately begin tending to my wounds.

Once done I sigh and sit on the dirt floor below be, hugging my knees to my chest. "I dont remember much but I was a normal person! Now I'm a freak all because of that man.. If word gets around.. What if he finds me again.. Or the government wants to do experiments on my too??"

I begin to panic but shake my head and breathe to calm myself down.

"Man I just need sleep.. I'll worry about this tomorrow.." I sigh and lay down, using the backpack as a pillow. I shut my eyes, falling into a much needed sleep.