1: The Boy in the Iceberg

Samantha's POV

I opened my eye, just barely and they are still blurry. I go to rub my eyes when I let out a yawn. Once I put my hand down finished rubbing my eyes I grunt and try to get up but a pain in my aside and back prevent that from happening. 

"You should not be moving so much, considering we found you on your back on the ice." I heard a voice say, turning to the left where the voice is I see an old man sitting next to me, a small table with two teacups and a teapot on it. 

"Who are you?" I ask slowly getting up again, fighting through the pain. The blanket that was dropped on me fell and pooled in my lap, I noticed my jacket was off and at the foot of the bed.

"I'm General Iroh, but please call me Iroh," Iroh said and then turned to pour tea into the two cups. At the mention of his name, my eyes grow wide. I look around the room and notice that there is an unusual amount of red in the room, but what gives it away is the tapestry behind the bed I'm in.

"Oh no," I whispered. I lift the blanket and throw my legs to left so I'm facing Iroh. "Has Zuko found the avatar yet?" I ask quickly he had a surprised look on his face at my question. "There was a light earlier and that is where we are headed, on the way we found you and took you on our ship." He said and handed me a cup of tea. "Don't let my nephew hear you speak of the avatar, he might get the wrong idea, thinking you're after him too," Iroh said and let out a chuckle. "Now you know my name, I don't know of yours," Iroh said and then taking a sip of his tea. 

"Uh... My name is Samantha Lee, but please just call me Sam." I said and then also took a sip of the tea. "Hm, that's an unusual name." He said and stroked his beard. "Well, I'm not from around here," I said sheepishly. "I could suspect that much, considering your clothing wasn't nowhere near the proper stuff for this kind of weather, and besides, your clothing itself is pretty strange." He says and jesters to my clothes, "Oh right, um, I don't know how to say this but I'm from a different world." I said and ran a hand through my hair. "I figured, I've hear stories from spirits about different worlds, but I suppose they are true," Iroh said.

"Well, I'm glad I didn-", "Uncle! Where are you?!" My sentence got cut off, and in came the devil, sorry, the prince.

"Uncle! Why is the prisoner here? We agreed the once she awakes she be put into a prison cell!" Zuko yells and narrows his eyes at me. "Prince Zuko! A lady does not deserve to be put into a prison cell, besides she just woke up, have some compassion." Iroh says as he stands up to face Zuko. Zuko growled and walks towards me. "Do you have any information on the avatar?" He asks me and without thinking I replied, "Why do you need information? Your uncle said you saw a light, isn't that him?" I raised an eyebrow. He crouched so his face, to look directly at me and said, "I'd watch your tongue peasant, you have no idea who you're talking to." With my right hand behind my back, I conjured up my wand silently without breaking eye contact with him.

"Prince Zuko that's enough!" Iroh said and put a hand on Zuko's shoulder. Zuko stands up and shrugs his uncle's hand off his shoulder, "Make sure she stays here and doesn't come out." Zuko says as he turns to leave before he can walk any closer to the door I stood and pointed my wand to his feet and whispered, "You turned your back, now stop in your tracks," And just as the spell was cast, Zuko's feet involuntarily stopped almost making him trip. "What is the meaning of this! What going on!?" He yells and turns his upper body to face his uncle and me. 

"See, 'Prince' Zuko, you may be a fire bender but I am a witch." And with that, I conjured up my glasses in my other hand and put them on. He growled again," Stop this freak!" And tried to move but failed to do so. "Sam, if you be so kind as to let my nephew go, I assure you he'll not harm you," Iroh said hand folded in his robe. I sighed and let my hand drop to the side of me, the spell I had cast on Zuko breaking.

"You little peasant!" Zuko shouted and tried to advance towards me but Iroh had stopped that. "Now now Prince Zuko, calm down, how about I go get our guest some suitable clothes and you can keep her company," Iroh said and left no room to argue as he got the teapot and teacups and left the room before either of us could say anything. I sighed and hung my head low and heard Zuko growled and pace around the room.

I looked don't myself, my grey and white striped shirt hung loosely, my light blue shorts exposing my legs to the coldness of the air, I was only had white socks on my feet. I glanced at my jacket and noticed my shoes are by them as well. I walked to my jacket and checked my pockets to see what I had from my world.

In those pockets were old gum wrappers, paperclip, and a small pallet of star stickers from who knows how long ago. My shorts pockets were no better, a yellow hair clip and a blue rubber band.

"What are you doing? What do you have?" Zuko said and came behind me taking the hair clip. "This is stuff from where I'm from, what you have in your hand is called a 'hair clip', look." I took it from his hand and clipped a piece of hair from my face. "What do you mean, your world?" He asked, "Oh, right, Iroh didn't tell you, I'm not from here, hence why I have magic." I put my jacket onto the table where the teacups and teapot had been.

After I had answered he nodded his head and we were in awkward silence for a few minutes until Iroh came back with a bundle of clothes in one hand, and a pair of boots in the other (The picture above). "Here Sam, I didn't know your size but these should be slightly bigger considering there are no females on board." He said and handed the items to me. "Thank you," I said.

Iroh saw this and said,"I'm going to bed, yup, a man needs his rest, prince Zuko why don't you let our guest to rest and change, you need sleep if you are to fight the avatar tomorrow." Zuko looked annoyed by what his uncle said and growled. "And what? We're just supposed to trust her?". "I'll give you my word that I won't do anything," I said in a bored tone to him. "Besides it's not that I can leave, I don't even know where I am."

"Fine," Zuko said and left the room. "I'll come tomorrow to bring you some tea and food, afterward we can head to the deck of the ship," Iroh said and smiled before leaving the room as well. I put the clothes on the table where I had moved my jacket to. I looked around the room once more and noticed the small window, it was definitely late. I got into the bed and just laid there before slowly closing my eyes and going to sleep.

1311 words typed

Hey!! So this is the first chapter of the book, I hope you've enjoyed it so far. I'm really excited to see where this book will go. Thank you all for reading.

Bye bye lovelies

MONSTER