Chapter 3: Soft?!

Start from the beginning

Amber tries to remember the male voice who was speaking then replied, "Good morning." She got out from under the cover to look at the person. It was from Albert!

"I got your clothes ready for you. I hope you like it. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes, so don't be late." He said as he walks away.

She smiles and said, "I won't! Albert, thank you!" 

Albert exited the room, leaving her to change and get ready. He didn't eat anything yet, so he wanted to find something to eat beforehand. He looks at the time and it was too close to breakfast for him to find something, so he'll eat afterward.  He walks to the dining room to help the others set up breakfast for the princess and king. Amber stood up, stretching out, and walk where he places the dress and shoes. The female couldn't help, but smile since he picks out her outfit for today. She took off her nightgown setting it down on the chair then turn her attention to the pink lovely dress. She put the dress on then place the pink high heels shoes on too. She walks over to the mirror to look at the whole outfit together. Amber smiles as she spins around to get a good look at it. She exited the room then heading off to the dining room where breakfast was being served. She entered the room and greeted her father who was already there. Byron greeted her back with a soft smile. Albert was standing behind the king's chair, waiting for them to finish up or to ask for something. The princess and king started to eat their breakfast that the chief put together. 

After a few minutes, they finish eating breakfast and started to chat for a little while before both of them started their day. Byron excused himself from breakfast first before heading off to his office to read some books or even do paperwork. Amber stood up afterward and waves goodbye to Albert before leaving the room.  Albert waves goodbye to her as she left the room then started to clean up the table with other servents. The male went into the kitchen to get some bread to eat to help him make it until lunch. One of the main knights was in the kitchen getting an apple to snack on. The knight saw Albert getting some bread, so they decided to call out to him. Albert heard someone calling out to him from behind and he turns around to see who was it. He was surprised to see Elizabeth in the kitchen during this time of day then asked, "Oh you didn't eat earlier?" 

"I did, but I needed a snack before training the other knights. Look like you're trying to get along with the princess." She replied to him as she leans against the counter. 

The male look at her while sighing softly, "Well I think I am. She looks happy when I pick out her outfit today. Her smile was...beautiful? I felt somehow happy..?" 

Elizabeth giggled, "Somebody is turning soft now."

Albert turns away before stuffing the bread in his mouth as he walks away from the female knight. He didn't give her a reply before leaving the kitchen. He heard Elizabeth's giggled as he walked away and thought she might have figured him out. He was thinking about what she had just said about turning soft. As he walks out of the kitchen then toward the knights' quarters, he begins to think. 'No way I'm turning soft now.'  He didn't want to believe it, so he brushes the thought off since there were more important things to do. Meanwhile, Amber already knew her way around the palace and she had a lot of free time on her hand. She was in the garden because she didn't want to be trapped inside all day when there is nice weather out. The female pick one of the roses that were in front of her then lift the rose up to her nose to smell the flower. She was lost in thought since a lot has happened to her within the past months. She snapped back into reality and away from her thoughts, she looked at the time and started to head inside to the study room where her tutor was waiting. 

Amber walks down the long hallway toward the study room, then opens the door slowly, and enters the room to find the brown-haired male who was already there. Albert was standing by the window, looking outside at the sky; it was clear today. He didn't notice that Amber had already entered the room and sat herself down, waiting for him patiently to finish what he was doing. He sighs softly as he turns around to see her there which gave him a little scare since she entered the room so quietly. Amber was surprised by his reaction and had a small smile on, "Sorry for not saying anything when I entered. I didn't mean to scare you. You just look like you were enjoying something that's why I didn't bother you. "