"holy shit," pope muttered.

"all we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold!"

"johnny b, if i was any less sober and any more psychotic, i would kiss you right now," hannah laughed as jj glared at her before getting up and walking over to john b.

"uh, thanks?"

"okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true."

"i'm a genius. hey, woah!" john b exclaimed as jj scooped him up into a hug. "hello! fire! you're near the fire! you're gonna burn!"

jj set the boy down. "i'm so proud of you right now."

"thank you. that's really sweet of you."

"kiss already!" hannah yelled at the two.

jj shrugged, leaning in to place his lips on john b's, causing the boy to push him away. "come on, john b, you know you've missed these lips."

"jj, i've spent the last two years trying to erase that kiss from my memory, do not kiss me."

"wait, you two have kis-?" kie gaped.

"i hate to break this up, but, guys, what's the plan?" pope asked.

"good question," john b said. "sarah cameron's coming tonight. she'll bring an original survey map-"

"hold on," kie cut him off.

"oh god," hannah mumbled.

"sarah? why sarah?"

"this is gonna be good," jj muttered, reclaiming his seat beside hannah.

"he's macking her, isn't he?" hannah whispered to jj.

"he's definitely macking her."

"sarah, she, um, she helped me get into the archives in chapel hill yesterday, and that's where i got the letter."

"you were in chapel hill with sarah cameron?" kie felt her heart clench as the feeling of betrayal washed over her.

"jj, if i don't make it out of this, i want you to have pogie."

"i'll take good care of him, babydoll."

"would you two shut up?" pope hissed.

"yeah, uhm-" john b struggled to come up with a convincing lie.

"he was mackin' on her," jj deadpanned.

"i wasn't macking," john b denied.

hannah scoffed. "you are totally macking sarah cameron."

"i wasn't macking on her, okay? i was using her for access."

"there was access, alright," hannah and jj said in sync making the two to grin at each other.

"did you tell her about the treasure?" kie asked.

"i was trying to get into the archives!"

"is that a yes?"

"i hate when mom and dad fight," hannah sighed dramatically, causing jj to let out a small chuckle.

"i-i left out key details."

"yo, what?" kie exclaimed. "you let a kook in on our secret? what about pogue lyfe? what about the t-shirt company, bro?"

"i was just using her for information!"

hannah grimaced. "it's embarrassing watching him try to lie."

"agreed," jj nodded.

"why don't i believe you?" kie mocked john b.