Part 1,2,3,4,5

"Manik and Nandini must marry." Pronounced Mithun loudly, bringing about his best friend and their wives to dribble and spit coffee from their lips. The ejected coffee sprayed everywhere, but there was no concern for it. Instead, the concerned stares shifted to Mithun.

"I don't assume Nandini wishes to concur to this. You know how she can be at times." Rajesh's wife shakes her head, a slight frown settling on her face.

"Same with Manik." Added Mithun's wife.

"I think the time has come. I have to talk to the kids. This is getting out of control." Rajesh starts to pace, placing his fingertips on his chin as he does so. "Nandini says she hates Manik and Manik claims to feel the same. If I don't do something fast, we won't be capable of committing to what we have in mind."

He unlocked his phone and saw Nandini's selfie with her boyfriend. She looked genuinely contented. It made him content, too, to see her so happy but the boy posing beside her tainted the bright and cheerful essence of the photo. "This boy, Dhruv, isn't good enough for my Nandini. This vile boy is giving off negative vibes." He sighed wearily.

"Dhruv seems to be a nice boy with excellent manners..." Nandini's mother trailed off, receiving glares from everyone.

"That's the problem; he is too nice. How can someone be so sweet and kind in every situation they're in? Based off experience, I can say that Dhruv is acting and trapping my innocent daughter." Rajesh says. Everyone agreed with him.

Rajesh jerked his chair close to his friend. "Mithun, we have to do something, fast. Things are starting to get complicated with Nandini."

"Same with my son. Manik is getting worse and worse. I don't know what to do with him. He passes from bed to bed, without allowing a reasonable compromise, it's getting out of hand," Mithun said in a distressed tone. Rajesh pats his friends shoulder.

"Nandini wants to marry Dhruv, and I regret saying that if we do not hurry to address this matter, she will do it. I am terribly worried about her. That boy will never be a match for my daughter."

All of them grasped their heads with the problem. Even being millionaires, they felt helpless.

"Emotional blackmail." Rajesh announced.

"What is that?" Mithun asked in confusion.

"Well, I might sound selfish but we are left with no other choice. Let's lie that I have some disease and going to die soon. And my last wish is to see the kids to get married?"

"Have you lost it? How can we announce such things? Can't you speak something good?" Lakshmi screamed at him.

Rajesh shrugged. "See, even after knowing it is a lie you have gone hysteric. Just imagine the kids. I am sure they will get in our way. We can confess it once they are having a happy married life."

The men agreed and finally convinced the women as well.

"But I don't think they will believe this lie. You look so strong and healthy for your age." Smrithi looked confused.

The men shrugged. "Well, that's your responsibility to convince them."

Mithun snapped his fingers. "What about dinner at my house today? We could go over it with the children."

"Sounds good. We have to do this as soon as possible. I will ask my wife to convince my daughter to come to dinner."

"Of course, there we wait for you, hopefully, we can convince them about this marriage."

"Exactly. Manik and Nandini are equal to us. We can't let them destroy their lives. This marriage will surely guide them on the right track."

The family hugged each other and bid their goodbyes, going their separate ways into their homes.