The memories they had with their mother was pure happiness.

That is until she appeared.

Coming out from nowhere, her violet eyes and fire magic had enticed the duke. She was beautiful, charming, and earned the support of the populace. She had fallen in love with the duke and would do everything in her power to become the duchess.

The duke had fallen into her schemes but not the twins. Maria had warned the twins to stay away from her, that she was a bad influence. They would tremble in fear whenever they see her, Zyfer hiding it better than the younger.

She painted a bad image of Maria among the citizens, igniting hatred at immeasurable levels.

The twins vowed to stay away, but they had not escaped from her hands.

The twins turned seven and everything just descended into chaos.

(TRIGGER WARNING! MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND GORE)

(START)

It all started when Xyzer woke up screaming, tears streaming endlessly on his face. Zyfer was kicked multiple times when he attempted to calm down the crying kid.

A string of words came from his Xyzer's mouth repeatedly.

Red. Blood. Maria. Gone.

That prompted Zyfer to immediately run to the tower. His heart pounded on his chest repeatedly as he slammed the door open to his mother's room. What he saw had terrified and scarred him for life.

The whole room showed signs of struggle. The proof is vase shards on the floor, blankets hanging by the window, and blood. Red splattered the whole room.

The scent of iron had been too strong for the poor boy.

But the figure on the bed was the most terrifying part.

Maria lied lifelessly on the bed, eyes widened on horror. Her chest had a deep hole as if it was clawed open by something. As to where her heart should've been, is a hollow space.

Zyfer screamed.

(TRIGGER WARNING – END)

Maria's death had left a deep impression on the twins, greatly affecting their personalities. The "woman" took advantage of the situation and married the duke. She spread gossips at how Maria could have possibly been a demon that betrayed her race. She was from unknown origins after all and the populace easily believed her.

Xyzer had never been the same after the event.

It was found out that Xyzer had possessed power. A power that only the priestess could possess. He can see the future.

He had no idea how to control it as it rarely happens. It had multiple cons because all he could see were glimpses and it brought an intense headache in return. Sometimes he would dream of it, sometimes it would just spring out of nowhere.

Xyzer hated it. He hated it with so much passion.

The power also took away his brother and had put him in a pedestal,

For some reason, the duchess persuaded the duke for him to be the heir, stripping Zyfer away from his position. What the duchess wants, the duchess gets.

It had been fine at the start, Zyfer encouraging him and stayed by his side. After all, they had promised their mother.

The duchess of course destroyed that. She wanted to be in complete control of everything.

She "educated" Zyfer that he was incompetent. That he had no use. She destroyed him, leaving a hollow shell full of insecurities.

After all, he was the older twin. How could he accept that his younger brother had stolen his position and everything else?

All the twins had was each other.

And now, the relationship between them is broken to no repair.

Xyzer had no idea what to do. He had the physique of a child but the mental burden of an adult.

Zackaya was a miracle in disguise.

Zyfer smiled because of her. His smiles had reached his eyes because of her. His eyes brightened because of her.

It was all because of her.

Honestly, Xyzer could not ask for more. He was thankful for meeting her.

Unfortunately, good things don't last forever.

The insecurity Zyfer had been hiding on for the past ten years had decided to come back full force when she decided to show up.

The sole reason his father had neglected them. The one who spread words of insecurities to the older twin. The one who manipulated Xyzer's power to her benefit. A cunning woman, so to speak.

Xyzer hated her. She hated him.

He'll never forgive her.

He may have been powerless in the past but now he knew what to do.

Zackaya belongs to them.

And he'll make sure it will stay that way for a long, long time.

~~~

Author's Note:

I'm back? Honestly speaking, I'm surprised a lot of you still read this. I've reread it and it's far too cringy. Reconsidering here on whether to rewrite everything. Btw, I'll be using the third person's POV from now on. It's far easier to me compared to writing a first person's POV.

My laptop screen is now pink so ^-^

Leave your thoughts on the comments below. I hope this chapter has clarified some doubts on your mind.

Stay safe everyone! ^-^

P.S. Just realized we have over like 25K reads wtf? Thanks to everyone we have managed to reach it this far! Thank you so so much!